cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE bring back NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for BUYERS!!!

Dear Ebay.... PLEASE bring back the ability to leave negative feedback for buyers!  I'm sick of people bidding just to launder money through PayPal, or who bid on a car just to decide they suddenly don't want it and never pay, or aren't valid accounts or are hacked accounts, etc.  SURE, we can (usually) get fees refunded and so on, BUT we as sellers have to waste our time fighting to get things settled, and also loose a chance to relist and hopefully resell the item, and the buyer never gets a negative feedback!

How is that fair?

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: PLEASE bring back NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for BUYERS!!!

I understand how you feel but it's not going to happen - I sell all over the place and only one site I know of (Mercari) even has the ability for sellers to leave FB for buyers. It's not even really internet standard.  All you can do is go through the process of reporting the buyer. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

It’ll never happen, and I’m delighted it’s gone.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I think what eBay should do is eliminate buyer feedback altogether when all they can get is 100% positives from sellers making them feel all warm and fuzzy by giving them a positive just because they paid for their item, when the reality is that so many sellers are really giving buyers positives for fear of getting a negative if they DON'T give them that meaningless positive.

As far as seller feedback, I don't mind getting that as a seller; it really does help keep us all on our toes, but  I think eBay should replace the shipping cost rating with a rating for packaging instead.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

When they collect the annals of the emerging internet era, negative feedback for buyers will be recorded as one of the worst business ideas of all time.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Why? Just curious why you would not want to leave negative feedback when warranted just as it is for sellers. Buyers can leave negative for sellers when warranted and sometimes people just leave it because for whatever reason they want to be a jerk. So why not be able to leave it for buyers if it is HONEST feedback. Just curious is all why you say you are delighted it is gone.
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

@dinpavent0 

Because it’s ridiculous to rate your customers. What credible business does that? Besides, working with the public you get all kinds.

Moreover, someone else’s opinion of a customer is worthless to me because my transaction with them might be fine.

If it’s not - well, loss is part of business and I don’t let people rent space in my head for free.

To be blunt, I’d sell to Satan if he had the money. I don’t give a flying fig who I do business with.

BTW, my blocked buyer list is utterly empty too.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

To be blunt, I’d sell to Satan if he had the money. I don’t give a flying fig who I do business with.

Hello?  Are you my long lost sister?  😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Actually...

What you suggest would result in lost sales and "bad" buyers wouldn't be the only ones catching negs...

Sellers are quick to judge when given the chance, many mistakes would be made.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Unfortunately, there are those few that abused honest buyers who left deserved negatives on bad sellers. Those sellers then left retaliatory negative feedback on innocent buyers. Good buyers would leave the platform never to return after such an experience. While this also might happen in reverse, eBay has changed the rules so that feedback no longer is a measure of performance in seller metrics. 

The bottom line is that Feedback no longer holds the important place it once enjoyed in the early days, when eBay relied on community reporting to weed out substandard members. Those days are gone and the face of ecommerce has changed drastically. Reinstatement of negs for buyers will never happen.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

PLEASE bring back the ability to leave negative feedback for buyers

Please don't!

If sellers can give buyers negative feedback to buyers, those buyers will simply create a new eBay account (it takes about 30 seconds) and wipe the slate clean. 

One of the few available tools eBay sellers have to investigate a buyer is to look at the buyer's "Feedback left for others".

If eBay encourages buyers to create new accounts to shed bad feedback, we will lose even that small benefit. 

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

...........general reply.................

I do not want the ability to leave negatives for buyers,I do not want the power.I do the best I can and there are other people out there to give jerks a hard time.I am very good at giving people a hard time but for the most parts its not warranted so I just come off looking  like the good seller that I am.

everyone gets my participation vote just for paying,thats all I need

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

So why not be able to leave [neg] for buyers if it is HONEST feedback. 

Among the obvious reasons, we recall what the most common reason why sellers left HONEST negs for buyers: because buyer had left neg for the seller.

Indeed, getting negged is a negative experience.

But the result was the buyer were intimidated, some sellers used that intimidation to protect shoddy practices, buyer bad experiences (disappointment when opening the package) became common, and buyers, in droves, concluded that they just weren't skilled enough to buy on ebay.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

I like that, I can now see feedback as a participation vote.

Those who have been around a long time have learned that feedback isn't what it seems at all.

Just for example...

It is actually more detrimental to the buyer to leave negative feedback than it is for the seller.

So, just look at it as a participation vote.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I am a seller, and I'm glad that sellers cannot give negative feedback to buyers. I don't know if it would be good or not if eBay eliminated positive feedback for buyers. Probably, most buyers do not care if it is eliminated or not. Buyers should be able to prevent sellers from giving positive feedback. One reason why we still have positive feedback for buyers is because it causes more buyers to leave feedback for sellers, if sellers use it the way that is best, which is to leave feedback before the buyer receives the item.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply