cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of country sales

someone in tiawan is interested in buying one of my listed items. He has agreed handle shipping privately as the item is too large and heavy to go through Ebay shipping. When he tried to pay was refused ; the site said "unfortunately this seller does not ship to you". Im guessing since item is marked irregular package and weighs over 1000 pds. is reason for this; how do i get around this?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Out of country sales

I hope you know what you are doing and checking to see all the scam potentials in a deal like this. I don't have experience with irregularly large and heavy item sales so I can't help you with scam avoiding tips there.

But if you want to solve the "shipping issue", can you just include a free local pickup option and have the buyer purchase thru that service? Then do your thing with the private shipping.

Be careful, good luck.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

Thanks, yes, I've tried look at all the angles, don't see where i can get scammed as long get pick up number from him, the other party is paying freight.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

I can see so many things going wrong with a transaction like this.    Unless you are prepared to lose both your money and the item, you should think twice about going forward with it. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

@atsnashville 

I smell a scam...a big one.  Keep all transactions as far as buying & shipping on the eBay platform. You the seller, offer free shipping, so why would the buyer pay? Cancel the sale citing address issues. 

Happy Selling

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

First if the item you are referring to is the following you only have the listing available for shipping to the United States and you are not offering local pickup. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1702038998765.png

dbfolks166mt_1-1702039038732.png

You would need to make the item available for international purchase, you could limit that to Taiwan if you wish, and possibly offer local pickup in addition to the freight shipping. The other option would be for the buyer to work with a freight forwarder to establish a US shipping address. 

As others mentioned there is some significant risk here. You could utilize local pickup, have the buyer arrange with their own shipping company and have the buyer pay you in cash when they pickup the item.  That would make the front end of the transaction a bit cleaner and reduce some of the risk if the payment was made in cash at pickup. 

The biggest risk is going to be on the backend after receipt. This is a VERY expensive item and the potential for a NAD claim with eBay or their CC company is a sobering thought but that would be the case for a domestic buyer as well. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

If you don't see how you could get scammed on this deal, then let me ask you this:  What's your plan for when/if the buyer receives the item and opens an item not as described case?  Are you aware that, in NAD cases, the seller is required to front the buyer the cost of the return shipping and to refund in full when the item is received back by the seller?

IMHO, there are some items that, for many reasons, are best offered for sale with local options like CL or FBM.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

No its the gas compressor  5000.00.  I just changed the available for local pickup'

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

No its the gas compressor  5000.00.  I just changed the available for local pickup'

That fixes one problem and it will be interesting to see if the buyer in Taiwan can actually purchase the item. If so that fixes one issue and you can work with the buyer on the pickup aspects and payment. If they do purchase, walk through this transaction carefully as there is a considerable amount of risk especially once the buyer has the item.  

dbfolks166mt_0-1702042011860.png

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

Yes ,see what your talking about. Changed the item to local pickup only. How do i check the QR code when/if freight company picks something like this up?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

Yes ,see what your talking about. Changed the item to local pickup only. How do i check the QR code when/if freight company picks something like this up?

The following should walk you through the local pickup process. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/local-pickup?id=4181 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Out of country sales

@atsnashville wrote:

Exactly! 
Your buyer would have to get the rQR code to the freight driver. 

How unfortunate that no one can convince you not to go through with this international sale. 

Never list an item you can’t afford to lose.  

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply