cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders coming in through Ebay Marked as "PAID" Yet the orders and money are not in Paypal account

Beware, do not ship incoming orders until you have checked your Paypal account. I am receiving orders, and Ebay has marked them as paid, but when I check my Paypal account, the orders and money are not there. I tried calling Paypal and the automated voice states that the hold time is 4 hours.. so I am sure that this is happening to a lot of people. To be safe, I would not ship anything out until the money is in your account. Anybody else having this problem?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Orders coming in through Ebay Marked as "PAID" Yet the orders and money are not in Pay

Yep ... I got two sales today about 3:30pm EST which I packed up ready to ship, took about 30 minutes. Went to check PayPal to confirm payment and ... NOTHING.

I did get a mobile app notification for both sales from PayPal, but until I see that payment in my account, they don’t ship.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Orders coming in through Ebay Marked as "PAID" Yet the orders and money are not in Pay

Was able to pull up Paypal's Technical Support teams phone number from their registration on the internic and called the number and they answered right away.... and they said they have a "known latency issue" regarding payments and that they are coming through and posting to our accounts, but they are late in being posted on the site. He said to give them "a day" to correct the problem and that the money is there.. They did transfer me to CS who named all the transactions we have had to date from today.. and they are all there, even though I cannot see them on the site.. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@jostiej wrote:

Was able to pull up Paypal's Technical Support teams phone number from their registration on the internic and called the number and they answered right away.... and they said they have a "known latency issue" regarding payments and that they are coming through and posting to our accounts, but they are late in being posted on the site. He said to give them "a day" to correct the problem and that the money is there.. They did transfer me to CS who named all the transactions we have had to date from today.. and they are all there, even though I cannot see them on the site.. 

Thanks for the info ... I suspected as much.

But in today’s climate at eBay & PayPal, I’ll wait out that day. 

Trust ... but verify.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Me as well.
"Give us a day" doesn't sit well when I'm committed with eBay to one-day shipping and handling.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@jostiej wrote:

It's not just "latency" or a "delay".

I had five sales overnight, and the transactions were in my PayPal account this morning.

Two of them were the same buyer, so I went into one of the transactions on PayPal and refunded the postage because they shipped together.

This afternoon, the refund transaction is showing in my summary and the PayPal balance is correct - but none of the five payments are showing in the list.

But if I go into eBay and click the "view the paypal transaction" link, the details for the transactions are there. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Huh. That doesn't work for me. If I click on 'view Paypal transaction' all I get is a page with an option to 'log out' and nothing more.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply