cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Corning Ware is Worth a Fortune!

Break out the heavy, pain-in the-caboose to ship old CorningWare people! The internet says it's worth thousands!

Article titled--

Old CorningWare Dishes From The 1970s Could Be Worth Thousands Of Dollars

There's some great current listings out there if you are brave enough to search...

Hat tip to youngest daughter, who saw some viral social media stuff and clued me in.

List it all while it's hot!

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Old Corning Ware is Worth a Fortune!

I saw that article too, but I failed to believe it. I will keep watching the market though as if it does become "hot" - then I have about half a million dollars worth - lol. Most of it still in use. Some in boxes never opened. Thanks for posting.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Article is @ Do You Remember dot com. Forgot to add this...sorry.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have a ton of it stashed as well.  I just thought the active listings were hysterical, and will be watching realized prices with great interest! Hubby says he needs a new sports car.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Sports car? Good luck with that. I'd be happy to get tires on my 2012 Caravan. LOL.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

A search for corning ware shows that out of over 13,000 Sold items in the past 90 days, only one was over $400, and only 10 went for $200 or more.  That's some nice money for vintage stuff, but hardly a "fortune."

And most of the higher-price transactions were for multiple items, sometimes in original boxes (every Collectibles seller knows how important those original boxes are).

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

SOME of it is worth a lot, SOME rare patterns.  It's not worth betting the farm on.

ETA: Cross posted with @nobody*s_perfect 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Indeed.

This was definitely posted tongue-in-cheek. Hubby was saying if it's worth that much, I'd better be getting busy, cuz he needs a new sports car, tout suite.

Checked my records...my last 5L Dutch Oven with lid packed out at 10#. 16x13x12 box. Zone 5 Priority shipping was ~ $18. And that was in Dec 2016, three years ago. I made good money, even with free shipping. Desirable pattern. Major hassle to pack though.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If someone has a bunch of corning ware, it's worth going through it to see if one has one of those very desirable, rare patterns, no doubt.  I just wouldn't run out and load up on it. I see this all the time - a few certain things sell for a lot, so people load up on similar merchandise only to find that the big sales were either outliers, or in a very specific narrow niche.

I do know a seller who sold a rare pattern Corningware for I think about $5000.  I know you can practically shoot the stuff out of a cannon and it won't break, but shipping anything even remotely breakable that sold for that much would give me an ulcer.  ::aghast smiley::

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply