cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers

How do other resellers handle low ball offers?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Offers

I never see them because I set up my Best Offer with an automatic Not Accepted for items I won't make a profit on.

And another for automatic Acceptance if I would take a decent offer.

I only see the inbetweens.

Those Accepted/Not Accepted could be a penny apart if you didn't even want to see the inbetweens.

Lowball Offers get a polite note from eBay and an encouragement to try again. Most do. (Sort of a reverse auction.)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Offers

Put in the minimum offer you would want to be notified of. You can also enter an auto accept price.

Other than that, a seller can ignore low balls.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Offers

I reject them.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Offers

I don't do offers. 
If a buyer sends me a message quoting a low ball price I ignore it.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Offers

@notag wrote:

How do other resellers handle low ball offers?

Your listings don't have a b.o. option so in this case, I'd either ignore or respond with "thank you for your interest but I don't offer a b.o. option." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Offers

@notag ,

I don't have "Best Offer" on any of my listings. No need to deal with low ballers.

Easy peesy.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Offers

Different sellers handle them differently.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Offers

Either click decline or turn off the feature.  

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Offers

Decline them.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Offers

I decline offers in a kind and gentle way. I advise that I may reduce price in the future. When someone sends an offer it is simply a signal the requestor wants the item very much and others may too!

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Offers

I never see them because I set up my Best Offer with an automatic Not Accepted for items I won't make a profit on.

And another for automatic Acceptance if I would take a decent offer.

I only see the inbetweens.

Those Accepted/Not Accepted could be a penny apart if you didn't even want to see the inbetweens.

Lowball Offers get a polite note from eBay and an encouragement to try again. Most do. (Sort of a reverse auction.)

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Offers

Turn allow offers button off when you make the listings.  List with the lowest price you'll accept and eliminate the bother.  Work less, sell more.  No annoying emails to answer.  

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Offers

Ignore.

Ignore and block.

"No thank you."

"Sorry, not accepting offers at this time."

Set your listings that you do not accept offers.

And other possible replies as well.  

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Offers

I usually reject those offers under 40%........but I will respond to higher ones with a reasonable offer.........which can lead into a sale at an acceptable price.....probably about 50% of the time. 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Offers

I decline or I counter-offer, depending on the amount of the offer.  Most of my items have strong margins, so I usually have wiggle room, and I have found that even low ball offers can turn into acceptable prices with some back and forth. Of course, I come from a flea market selling background, where back and forth as the norm.

As with many things on ebay, different sellers have different viewpoints. My advice is go with what ever YOU are comfortable with, and whatever makes sense for YOUR inventory and your margins.  

Message 15 of 21
latest reply