cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK eBay your Metrics benchmarks for SNAD & INR make no sense

What does any of the stuff that you outline as the benchmarks have to do with actual SNAD and INR determinations. It looks like eBay's just out to charge sellers another 4% in FVF's. 

I don't see anything below that can even show that an item was SNAD or INR.  Are you people for real???

To determine your "item not as described" peer benchmark, we group you with sellers that:

• List on the same eBay site and in the same category.
  • Share the same assessment lookback period (3 or 12 months), as determined by transaction volume.
  • Have a similar "average selling price."
  • Sell items with similar item conditions—generally new or not-new conditions.
  • Offer a similar return policy—usually returns accepted or returns not accepted policies.
  • Sell items with similar buyer-facing delivery estimates.

To determine your "item not received" peer benchmark, we group you with sellers that:

• List on the same eBay site and to ship to the same destination.
  • Share the same assessment lookback period, as determined by transaction volume.
  • Have a similar average selling price.
  • Sell items with similar buyer-facing delivery estimates.
Message 1 of 170
latest reply
169 REPLIES 169

Re: OK eBay your Metrics benchmarks for SNAD & INR make no sense

so basically any reason LOL

Message 166 of 170
latest reply

Hmmm.. well it kinda does... they are comparing you to your peers... this seems okay on  the outset. Do you have a large number of INRs? Why? I have had very few. But then, I sell nearly everything with tracking. 

If buyers are consistently telling you they never receieved your items then I have a few questions:

-Who are you selling t o

-Where are you selling to

- Dollar value of purchases

- Where and what companies are you shipping from?

-If I wanted a macro view... how many items are you selling with and without tracking?

I am just trying to ask legit questions I think anyone else would given your position. 

Message 167 of 170
latest reply

I am sorry to burst your bubble but I have not and never have relied on eBay to determine percentages for eBay returns.

As with any other business, I am responsible for myself and I have tracked these metrics since the business was started.

For returns, anything under 2.5% for general merchandise is probably reasonable.... now is it legitimate or warranted? Probably depends on policies, political views, etc. 

Message 168 of 170
latest reply

Hmmm.. well it kinda does... they are comparing you to your peers... this seems okay on  the outset. Do you have a large number of INRs? Why? I have had very few. But then, I sell nearly everything with tracking. 

I'm not sure why you latched onto INRs as being the potential problem with all this.  You are not different than most sellers on Ebay.  Most sellers ship with tracking, but exactly what does that have to do with a buyer filing an INR????  Because you haven't had a buyer or buyers file INRs against you even when there is tracking does not mean that they don't on other sellers.  Nor does the filing of an INR mean that the buyer didn't receive the item.  With more experience this may happen to you too.  I hope not, but it might. 

I've had buyers file INRs when tracking shows it was delivered.   They will say they didn't receive it most of the time.  Some will say Oh sorry, here it is, thank you.  

It appears you are assuming that because a seller gets and INR filed against them that somehow they aren't doing their job.  Which is not at all accurate.

If buyers are consistently telling you they never receieved your items then I have a few questions:

-Who are you selling t o

-Where are you selling to

- Dollar value of purchases

- Where and what companies are you shipping from?

-If I wanted a macro view... how many items are you selling with and without tracking?

I am just trying to ask legit questions I think anyone else would given your position. 

I think you are considering INRs as a non issue when they can be falsely filed just like any other claim can be.  Ebay does not prevent a buyer from filing an INR even if tracking shows it was received by the buyer.  However if your tracking shows it was received by the buyer, the seller can get the INR closed in the seller's favor.

But that isn't the problem either with this upcoming metrics that Ebay will be holding sellers to.  The mere fact that the INR was opened is what will count against the seller.  It doesn't matter if it was falsely filed.  Ebay doesn't care, it was the mere fact it was opened and there is part of the issue.

You are assuming the seller has or is doing something wrong when that is NOT always the case.  In fact on every single INR that I've had over the years, all were delivered to the customer.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 169 of 170
latest reply

I am sorry to burst your bubble but I have not and never have relied on eBay to determine percentages for eBay returns.

What has that got to do with "burst your bubble".  While you may not "rely" on Ebay to determine percentages, the fact is they do.  No matter what you may determine is your percentage has no weight here, it is what Ebay determines your percentages are.

As with any other business, I am responsible for myself and I have tracked these metrics since the business was started.

Your metrics don't matter to Ebay either.  You WILL BE evaluated on the metrics they come up with, not the one you come up with.  

For returns, anything under 2.5% for general merchandise is probably reasonable.... now is it legitimate or warranted? Probably depends on policies, political views, etc. 

What?  I see some disappointment in your future.  But I do wish you well.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 170 of 170
latest reply