cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not planning to be a steady seller YET.. though in need of a good template for ads

Hi... I used to sell on eBay a dozen years ago.  I'm now looking at selling again though with my lifestyle I can't say for certain I will be able to make this a part time business.  I'm going to try though.

I like the artistic templates.  I used to be connected to an affiliate of eBay when I was selling, but since I'm not sure of any income I won't be investing.  I did learn a little HTML and would love to create a couple of templates relating to the type of things I'll be selling.

Can I get any advice how to go about this.  I'd love to have a template with a border... colorful.. and attracting the art of selling.

Question is.. years ago we had to be careful because not all people had good internet to upload a template.  Is this still the case throughout the country?  Thanks very much..

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Not planning to be a steady seller YET.. though in need of a good template for ads

My advice is to keep it simple, use the template ebay is providing, no need for bells and whistles, when I want to buy something, I focus on the item not the borders or the monkeys jumping left to right. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Not planning to be a steady seller YET.. though in need of a good template for ads

Don't use templates. Text only.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I recommend no templates.

You need your listings to be Mobile friendly....

just type or copy and paste your description into the listing.

imo

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Personal preference: plain black text size 14 or 12. I can't stand templates when I'm shopping eBay. Bright and colorful is a turn off when I'm looking for the description.

Approximately half of all eBay shoppers use mobile and templates are not friendly with mobile.

The best advice I can give to someone jumping back in after a long hiatus is to read all of the seller updates since you last sold here. Things have changed a lot!

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply