cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Invoice or message a buyer

I sold an item via Best Offer on Monday morning, and I am unable to send the customer an invoice, and when I try to message them I get this message "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." They are a new user, less than a month old, with no feedback. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

The buyer's purchase may have been paid automatically once you accepted the offer. Look at the order. Does it tell you to ship? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Why do you need to send an invoice?

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Any thoughts?

@3576betsyd 

My first thought is to not send an invoice. eBay sends payment reminders and yours will only reset the buyer's payment window. If you haven't been paid after 96 hours, cancel the sale citing 'Buyer didn't pay'. Good luck.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

No, no payment was received, and the system is telling me to send an invoice, instead of ship the order.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Because they have not paid. I usually send an invoice if they are not set for auto payment upon acceptance of the offer, etc.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@3576betsyd wrote:

No, no payment was received, and the system is telling me to send an invoice, instead of ship the order.

@3576betsyd 

I'd not send an invoice. Heck, "the system" suggests all sorts of things. I'd cancel if I wasn't paid in 4 days.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

The send invoice option is always there until they pay if it's needed, but unless you are adjusting postage downward or something, it isn't advisable to send one.   Once you do, it locks in the postage charged to the buyer.  If they pick another address to have the item mailed to when they pay, it will not recalculate the amount & may not be enough for the new address. 

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

I have had that happen once or twice before, but the fact that it has been 24 hours, no payment, and I can not either invoice the buyer or even send them a message via eBay's system seems odd to me.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

"I sold an item via Best Offer on Monday morning..."

@3576betsyd

Okay... let's back up. I don't see a sale from yesterday. Do you mean that  Monday morning, 10/30?

ETA: I do see a sale from Monday, 10/23... if it's that one, cancel it if you haven't been paid. Relist, re-sell.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@3576betsyd 

The only thing I can think of is perhaps this person might have been suspended due to being suspended prior and their account is invalid.  This is why you might not be able to send an invoice.  You might want to check. 

Happy Halloween!

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Unless you are combining shipping or something like that, there is not a reason to send another invoice because eBay invoices the buyer at the end of the auction/listing.  Did you know that?  

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Yes, I mean that Monday, 10/30. According to my Orders awaiting Payment, it was purchased:

Oct 30, 2023 at 5:00am PDT

When I look at their feedback, it does not show account suspended or Not a Registered User  or anything like that

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Yes, I mean that Monday, 10/30. According to my Orders awaiting Payment, it was purchased:

Oct 30, 2023 at 5:00am PDT

@3576betsyd 

Well, I don't see that. The last sale I see was a Rescue Bots set sold on 10/28. Color me confused...

ETA: What is the listing number?

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Not sure I understand the issue.  Unless it was IPR, the buyer should have 96 hours to pay.

Sold yesterday? 

Message 15 of 30
latest reply