cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Shipping to the UK anymore?

I have a buyer who has messaged me twice now trying to buy an item, from the UK, now I used to be able to ship to the UK, he sent me a screen shot with a big red message saying the seller does not ship there, so I went and check the listing(you never know what ebay has screwed up) and the listing is fine on EiS shipping, but when checking the visible item for the ship to's the UK is not on the ship to list nor on the excluded list and I am pretty sure the country is still there...for now anyhow...NOOOOT to mention that the bay has been acting strangely the last couple days with the "it's not you...it is us" warning.....it is like everyday there is another issue....

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Maybe your item can not be imported to UK?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Read about it here @quicksilverdiecast :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/EIS-not-offering-shipping-to-UK/td-p/3402...

eIS is blocking a lot of toys and motors parts to the UK.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This has been ongoing for some time now. I had hoped that .com reps would have a chat with their UK counterparts. Don't know if that ever happened but the UK reps came up with the usual we can't find anything wrong it's all working as it should.

Maybe it is working as eBay wants it to. That EiS can't cope so there is a lot of cherry picking of the most profitable and easiest lines of delivery.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

it is a replacement decal for a vehicle....nothing offensive, nor dangerous, etc, just what was on vehicle when new. I could simply send it snail mail without any issues and cheaper...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Anybody read?

Import/Export controls have been changing in G20 nations for some years now.  I've said all this before in other threads... Expect changes like you've never saw before, they "Anything goes" is changing in many differing aspects.  IMHO never since the inception of the World Wide Web (1991 basically) have the challenges in commerce existed that are rapidly coming to the forefront now.  Manufacturers, distributors, retailers, governments, authorities are all putting significant pressure and I'm not talking like the past towards changes.

I don't know about diecast cars stuff but let's just for sake of discussion Hot Wheels.  The UK or Germany or Australia have authorized resellers who likely pay for that priviledge being approved by a whomever the distributor(s) authorized by the manufacturer allow.  Having whatever, 100,000 Hot Wheels annually come in from other nations injures those authorized resellers and the authorized distributors as well as whatever, UK economy.  Old, new, used won't be addressed EVER.  There are a bazillion toys and even more bazillions of other products.  Globalization trade controls have been an issue since globalization began.  Manufacturers gift paid domains to distributors and/or retailers.

I went through this 20+ years ago with a company called UBISoft.  UBISoft America refused to work with us back in the day as they'd paid US domains...  That's distributors and retailers who pay to be licensed to sell said products and WITHIN DOMAINS.  So, might see say Gamestop carrying their titles but not Best Buy in the Northeast, yet Best Buy in the South West carry them as say does Gamestop.  Sales DOMAINS.  So UBISoft Canada did approve us as an authorized INTERNET reseller.  If we'd put them in a retail store, yank our license... In fact, we could not sell ANY UbiSoft title back in the day ANYPLACE in North America even via the Internet, our target domain was Australia/New Zealand regions which was fine.

Here's something people need to understand and ADJUST you're scouring for products to resell.

1.  The entire of Westernized economies are literally "hyperactive" about counterfeiting and are taking out after it.  You may have absolutely nothing to ever do w/ that global organized crime problem.  But, just like Speed Limits exist due to crazy drivers impacting everyone... Same same.

2.  The smart reseller who want stay ahead of the curve needs to be creating their own products.  Because of "All of the above" is and will result in nations, manufacturers, distributorships, authorized resellers etc getting more and more aggressive towards unauthorized resellers and open faced marketplaces.

3. eBay and open faced marketplaces are LITERALLY awash at levels never seen before like a perfectly VERY BAD storm due to handfuls of VERY BIG ISSUES and trying to weather them.  As if no way can be found to weather them they are likely to go under via governmental regulatory measures.

It should also be noted that "First Sale Doctrine" is not a global piece of legislation.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply