cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sales in 4 days!

Very worried and confused! I have had no sales in 4 days. Im wondering if anybody else is suffering this. I cannot think of a reason why this is so, my listings are showing and if i search on google they come up. Its getting to a point where im thinking of pulling the plug...eBay is my only income

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: No sales in 4 days!

I just went 12 days without a sale.  I'm down 75% over last years sales.  It seems everything hit a brick wall back in February when eBay started changing things.  Now we have to deal with this Chrome issue.  It's getting to the point that it may not be worth all the issues eBay is having forcing sellers to Jump through  Hoops to get a sale.  My plan is to let my existing listing run out and then wait until after the first of the year and hopefully, eBay will finally get their act together.  I need a break anyway.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I believe that these dot coms become to big

they forget about competition

i bet MySpace did not see Facebook coming

i bet ebay doubled Amazon 

there has been many that have gone own this path

the thing that you have to do is keep vigilant finding the next dot com that are going to knock ebay out and drop Amazon to where ebay is now

the sad thing is I believe people are starting to see Amazon and its leader BOZO as a monster

if ebay would make sure the smaller sellers that made it where taken care of they could maybe prevent the smaller sellers from fleeing to them and helping them become the next big thing

I keep reading about a lot of sellers not happy with eBay or already done with eBay and flocking to other sites to sale their goods

ive tried bonanza and did not do well

i will give ebay another month or 2 and see where things are going and then start putting effort elsewhere if needed.

I hope ebay does get back into the small guy network but it seems like the greed factor won't allow this 

besides slow sales the fees could be better

the next big sales platform is out there and I think the best way to find it is to try to find where the original and long time  eBay sellers are making there beds in larger numbers

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I have done sales here for a few years, and though mostly summer seasonal items have done very well. Sales are horrible, so I have closed my store, though they claim it can't close until Oct. (won't get into that conversation) I wanted to list many more items now that I have retired, but I can't keep my house full of stuff that is collecting dust. Looking for another site.
Luckily this has been side money for me, but some have depended on it. I feel bad, because I made a few extra dollars and have enjoyed it. But the changes are for big business, as always, not for the little guy.
I wish every one luck that is struggling. I may be back one day, but I doubt it. I shop on Amazon now, as I can find most items cheaper. They have really messed up E-Bay!
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

See, it's the little guys like us that suffer. I wish they would back us more. But we aren't making them rich.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

You have income on eBay? I wish I knew your secret!
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Part of the problem may be that you are selling a very narrow niche product.  I cannot imagine there is a lot of demand for your product on a daily basis.  I bet it you diversified and listed more then 20 items you would be more successful.

I have 1500 listings and manage to do enough to keep a steady growth going.  Need to work the inventory and use the tools available.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I'm a buyer only..and I do buy quite a bit of clothing on Ebay..I just went through some of your listings..loved the pink dress andthe black and white one..

You have no measurements..If I as a USA buyer looked at the size 12 or 14..I want to know:

Waist measurements.

From armpit.. to armpit

Length of the skirt only..

This was all I found in your description:

Beautiful Principles summer dress (labels cut out). Very flattering

Nothing tells me if it will fit me..and with the saturation of clothes, I rather not take the time to ask..I would just hit the back button.

But indeed, you do have some really gorgeous pieces ..

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@hugs1313 wrote:
See, it's the little guys like us that suffer. I wish they would back us more. But we aren't making them rich.

I started in ’04 with about a dozen listings worth, in total, about $250.00. i.e. I started as the proverbial “little guy”

I never expected eBay to “back” me nor do my work for me - only to give me a place to showcase my products.

Beyond that, they are MY bootstraps and it is MY responsibility to pull on them.

I now have over 11,000 listings and I do this full time.

In line with frodobagginskennedy’s comment, Diversification is the key. I have over 250 different categories of products.

No one category has sales every day, but collectively I make a decent living.

It can be done.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

You have some nice things ,, but if you want to sell more ,, you'll need to list more . Also I'm in total agreement with the other poster who said you need to list the measurements . A size large in one brand may not be the same measurements  as a size large in another , just as an example . Of course I can't speak for most women ,, but as for me ,,  when the seller doesnt include the measurements  of a clothing item I simply move on to the next  rather than take the time to write and ask.  There's too much compitition out there  especially with clothing and buyers have a lot of options . So its best to add as much detail as you can . 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Exactly..

Not only that but OP is in the UK..the size chart runs different then a USA one..

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I am so sick of the slow relisting process...I am about to quit...altogether...just not worth it anymore....3 accts. total.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

i looked at a few of your listings-one in particular stood out

Per Una 18 Pink Stripe top--your entire description is GREAT CONDITION. I would never expect anyone to buy based on that. NO measurements, Fabric content, wash instructions (which I list in every item I sell). Nothing at all. And shipping to the US over $17, I personally would never take a chance on that.

If you want to be here for the long haul and make some money, you have to do the work. No free ride.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I'm sure glad to know I'm not the only one because I've been thinking maybe I was born under the wrong zodiac sign.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Many of you are small sellers as am I - but Ebay has changed as have all the sites - the secret is keeping up with those changes. List a couple of items everyday - or at least revise a couple of listings - change your keywords - add measurements and dimensions. This will re-index your item and put it higher in search. 

Think of it this way - list your item on a site like Craigslist - your item is virtually buried under every other new listing as others continue to list their items and the only way for it to be seen is to list it on a daily basis. If you just let your items sit after listing them - they continue to slide farther and farther down in search.

Ebay has slowed down as it does every summer but read the forums on these other sites - everyone contains sellers upset because of no sales. These sights are flooded with products now - beides contending with B&M stores that have internet stores - you're also competing with social media sites where people are selling and trading items.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply