cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sales?.......................Here's why

Just went to my store search and plugged in rock n roll 45's...................How did a Julie London jazz LP show up?  Ebay should rebate us the store fees for this month as there are no or much, much fewer sales because of this SNAFU but it ain't gonna happen.

Elliot Yablun
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: No sales?.......................Here's why

@shigbig wrote:

Just went to my store search and plugged in rock n roll 45's...................How did a Julie London jazz LP show up?  Ebay should rebate us the store fees for this month as there are no or much, much fewer sales because of this SNAFU but it ain't gonna happen.

It's possible the seller filled out the item specifics incorrectly (or did a "sell similar" and forgot to fix them) in which case it would not be eBay's fault.

But all we can do is guess without you giving us the search criteria you used and the item number you found in the results.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: No sales?.......................Here's why

Store search has been a problem forever, not just this month.  I can list an item and wait a day,  It will show up if I browse all items.  It will show up if I search for it on E-Bay's regular search.  But search for title keywords or even copy the entire title, and store search will say it found 1 match, and then display a blank screen.

If it is a keyword shared by 5 items, search might return three items (it will say 5 items found, but only show you three of them).

This issue has been going on for months.  At least in your case, it is showing some item, even if the wrong one.

In reality, I think very few people actually go to an E-Bay store, and then search just in that store.  My experience is only when they have already found one of your items they are interested in, and they want to search your store for other items to combine shipping with for a discount.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply