cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No customers, sales are down almost 50%

What is going on with e-bay???  My sales are down almost 50% from last year.  I've had two buyers in the last 7 days and no sales in the last 4 days....It's normal for me to have two or three in one day.  This is very BAD!!!

Another week of this and I'm out of business, I am paying way to much in fee's to not have any customers.  

Hanging on by a thread! 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: No customers, sales are down almost 50%

@cad777864 wrote:

Because WE are sellers who KNOW what were doing.  It's getting the TRUTH out about what is going on here.  

@cad777864

The TRUTH is the OP is selling in a category that has been oversaturated for years. It is NOT going to get any better. There just are too manly clothes out there a very few buyers buying clothes. No need for the blame game.

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

I'm one of those clothing sellers and have been doing well. I have my ups & downs and yes there are problems on Ebay that has reduced sales - whether it be glitches - or policies that have driven away buyers and sellers alike.

But the main thing I see when looking at people's listings that complain of low sales - is many have few items listed 70 and less. In a market saturated with millions of clothing items - you're lucky you are making sales unless they are attractive to buyers and stand out from everyone elses - either through pictures, descriptions ect.

The second thing I see is peope do not research correctly. People look to see similar items and what those sellers are selling their items for - they don't look at solds - and that will give you the true worth of the item.

I saw a jacket listed by a seller complaining of no sales. I looked at their listing - searched for similar items - there were 20 of them and all  pretty much priced in the same ballpark $15-$20. I then searched solds - 1 sold at auction for $3.50. So we have an item that isn't very popular being listed by 20 people at approx 5-7 times what someone is willing to pay for the item. Had one of these sellers listed it as either auction or BIN for $8.99 - $9.99 - it may sell.

I've helped many new sellers on here and the #1 problem is getting them to realize that most times - the item isn't worth as much as they think it is - especially in oversaturated categories. Now if you're just selling here for fun - than you can wait it out and maybe someone will come along and pay your price - but if you're selling to make money - you are going to have to sell at the going rate.

Believe me - I know there are problems on Ebay - I've been here and complained about slow sales the same as many here and I'm sure I'll hit another patch of slow sales in the future - but it's Ebay's playground - if you don't like it - then Ebay's not the place for you. Sellers have to learn to research - only buy what the can make a profit on and buy low. I sometimes only make a $5 profit on an item - but I only paid 25 - 50 cents for it. For some it isn't worth their time - but this is something I enjoy despite all the changes and glitches we go through. The mindset of I pd such and uch for it new and I have to get x amount for it when I sell it - has to go. Be happy with the market rate and the fact you cleaned one more item out of your closet or inventory.

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

Nicely said and caring

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

What a caring helpful post very professional. We all make listing errors and you went out of your way to help with a post .very nice

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

Try a big sheet of that platic sign board. It's about $12 and easy to clean.

It will last a LONG time and look professional. a plain white background.

If you have to photograph something white, lay a blue posterboard on top of it

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

Buying habits haven't changed...  The shopper has.  One actually has to "buy" something, to be a buyer...  And sellers are not seeing [experiencing] much of that on ebay, any more.

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

@dubiousgain wrote:

Buying habits haven't changed...  The shopper has.  One actually has to "buy" something, to be a buyer...  And sellers are not seeing [experiencing] much of that on ebay, any more.

There are far too many new messages regarding the visibility problems. There are far to many people with their head in the sand and it doesn't help anyone one bit. Instead of arguing that nothings wrong, go to your eBay guru's and tell them to get stuff fixed ASAP instead of upsetting concerned sellers who know what they are doing. 

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

Whhhhaaaatttttt?  No problems here.  It must be something you are doing *wink*

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

they will see that slow-to-no-sales is a growing trend affecting an increasing number of sellers and for longer periods of time

those that have been here for years know that these threads are posted every wk or so, month in, month out, year in year out...........Sales fluctuate, it's a fact of retail.........ask any B&M store owner.

Years ago, people would try to help someone like the OP who posted.........suggesting things he might do to help sales........but gradually realized that most are here to rant.......which seems to help in some way I'll never understand...........

Ebay has every reason to want the most sales for everyone.....but what they do may or maynot help an individual seller.......

just thoughts

Perhaps making our listings visible might help...and fixing the incredibly useless search function.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

i hear ya no sales maybe one in a week!!

ebay better lower their fees or many will drop out on them!

been selling since 1995 and never ever have i seen it this slow!!

Message 40 of 40
latest reply