cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales

I've increased my listings and working to build my store.  I noticed that my sales have gone down.  It seems when I don't list, I have more sales.  I don't understand this.  Can you help with this issue?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

No Sales

I don't know if it's true or not but I've read on here that ebays algorithm likes sellers who list frequently.  I've also read that January can be a horrendous month for people.

These are just things I've read and have no clue if they're true or not.  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

January is typically slow for retail, whether online or brick and mortar. All those Christmas credit card bills are showing up in the mail. Hang in there. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

You have to pay to play in order to sell on ebay that's why my sales are down like 2000% from 5 years ago. Good luck to us all!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

Ebay is unpredictable for sometime now. I saw same issue as you do when I had more sales when not listing. I felt that my new listings are in limbo and not displayed and that still continues. I don’t see sny uptick of sales when I list. My items usually sell during January onward. It is discouraging.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

@triplefour 

As others have posted, January is usually a somewhat slow month for many, as it's right after the holidays, etc.  You're selling clothing.  Clothing on Ebay is a very over saturated venue.  Perhaps lowering your prices some might get you some lookers & hopefully buyers.  Hang in there.  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

Sorry to say clothing is the most oversaturated category on Ebay, millions of listings.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

People are financially hungover from Christmas season. It'll pick back up in February. Also sometimes your store just goes through highs and lows. All you can do is list daily, respond to messages and offers promptly, and continue to retool existing listings in the hopes that the ebay gods will shine their light on you. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

@domin-tomas wrote:

You have to pay to play in order to sell on ebay

That is pure unsubstantiated hyperbole. I have NEVER paid either eBay or Google a promotional fee and my sales are just fine and my items routinely show up in Google searches..

that's why my sales are down like 2000%

More hyperbole and mathematically impossible., Sales can never fall more than 100% - and that would take them to zero.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

@triplefour wrote:

It seems when I don't list, I have more sales. 

My rooster crows and the sun rises.

Then one day my rooster died - imagine my surprise when the sun rose anyways.

One has nothing to do with the other.

You have 126 listings. According to bigcommerce.com there are over 180 MILLION buyers on eBay coupled with one BILLION active listings and about 2 BILLION transaction every day.  (That is possible because obviously many listings are for multiple items.)

"Where's Waldo" comes to mind.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

Percentages larger than 100% are perfectly reasonable. For example, suppose you own a hot dog wagon and sell the following:

10 hot dogs in the morning
30 hot dogs in the afternoon

The number of hot dogs you sell in the afternoon is 300% of the number you sold in the morning. It's three times as many. 

So if sales are down 2000% it means 20 times less than before.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

No Sales

@toppopticpops wrote:

Percentages larger than 100% are perfectly reasonable. For example, suppose you own a hot dog wagon and sell the following:

10 hot dogs in the morning
30 hot dogs in the afternoon

The number of hot dogs you sell in the afternoon is 300% of the number you sold in the morning. It's three times as many. 

NOPE.

Sales are up 300% from the morning. If you then returned to 10 sales then they down 66.67% from the afternoon.

NOPE NOPE NOPE

20 TIMES less than 30 would be 600 fewer. Clearly impossible.

You sold 20 less, not 20 TIMES less.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply