cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Paypal? No Shopping.

Very sad that so many sellers aren't offering Paypal as a form of payment.  I will not shop without being able to pay thru Paypal.  It's time to find another source for shopping.

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: No Paypal? No Shopping.

@belinda10 wrote:

I was trying to buy NOW brand MCT Oil and plant protein complex.  Check it for yourself.  I couldn't find one seller that offered paypal as a payment option.   Maybe it's just the items I've been looking to purchase.  It's all good, I just bought another brand.

Challenge accepted, using NOW brand MCT Oil and plant protein complex as my search string.

PP Accepted.jpg

And that warrants one Vader...

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 46 of 60
latest reply

That is really odd - I just did a (best match) search using "now mct oil" and all of the sellers on the first page (admittedly some different versions of the product) accept PayPal. I'm not saying that your results were not what you are saying they were (you were there, I wasn't!!), but I wonder what sort of specific or search terms would give those results? Definitely weird............but wht more can you expect from this site these days????? 🙂
Message 47 of 60
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

Sort of off topic, but is that a Youtube video? Youtube is down right now, just in case anyone sees what I see and is wondering what the heck that's supposed to be.

04ff4553efd8b0963b2f9c0f937ad81c

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 48 of 60
latest reply

I call "UNFAIR"!!! I ain't got no monkey on MY screen when I try to get into Youtube....................just a blank screen with a lot of little grey boxes..............I want my MONKEY!
Message 49 of 60
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

Sort of off topic, but is that a Youtube video? Youtube is down right now, just in case anyone sees what I see and is wondering what the heck that's supposed to be.

04ff4553efd8b0963b2f9c0f937ad81c

Thanks for posting this. My kid has been trying to watch a YouTube video & getting an error message. I thought it was our internet & was about to reset it 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 50 of 60
latest reply

Yes, it was a little reaction video, "All too easy."  I was just advised minutes before seeing your response that YouTube is down as well.  Guess I'll likely binge more Simpsons on watchcartoononline tonight instead then.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

Message 51 of 60
latest reply

They appear to be back up, and I am seeing the one I posted inline in my post.

Anyone else back on YouTube now, or did I end up in the alternate universe where I am the only one on the planet who can access YT?

Message 52 of 60
latest reply

The Tube is Tubing for me again........................gotta love youtube on board to tears evening......................
Message 53 of 60
latest reply

Nice.  Glad you found the protein.  Maybe you can find one that offers free shipping? HaHa

Message 54 of 60
latest reply

I just went to purchase from a seller I have bought from for years.  paypal no longer an option, they want you to pay with a credit card on ebay.  I did not purchase as I wanted to use cash on my paypal balance, and do not want to give my credit card info to Ebay.  Ebay trying to force sellers to use their new payment platform, but if I can't buy with Paypal, I just won't buy.

Message 55 of 60
latest reply

Some have no problem with it, but others feel as you do. They prefer Paypal.
Message 56 of 60
latest reply

Ebay has stated that (supposedly) Paypal will be accepted as part of Managed Payments in the summer of 2019.  

Message 57 of 60
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@belinda10 wrote:

I have only shopped online where I could use Paypal.  If i want something from walmart, i go to the store and purchase it.  I've had 2 members of my family have their CC info stolen while shopping online.  I may give in to later down the road, but as long as I can use Paypal, I won't.

Your credit card info can’t just be stolen when used on online. Anytime you swipe it, it can be stolen. You can even be walking down the street and have the card info swiped. Several people in my city had their cards compromised after shopping at wal-mart in store. Target had a major data breach involving in store purchases. So unless you are using cash everywhere, you are at risk of having your accounts compromised. Probably not a big risk though

I bought a really cool wallet (flame pattern) from an eBay seller. It looks great (I get lots of compliments) and is made of duct tape. What is really neat about this wallet (besides the fact that it is handmade and a fun design) is that it is shielded, which means my credit cards cannot be read/scanned unless I physically remove them from the wallet.

It doesn't stop the possibility of fraud, but it certainly reduces it.

In local stores, I mostly pay with cash. On the Web, I pay with PayPal so they don't see my credit card information.

Message 58 of 60
latest reply

A little late with this but here's my take.

I want to pay how I want to pay. 

When we were at Disney World every last purchase went on the Disney card. it gave us discounts that other cards might not. 

If I had  a large car repair or something like that it goes on a certain card since i like the rates they offer. 

Any medical cost goes on that card for tax purposes. I can follow exactly how much we spent because it's all on those statements. No digging through and highlighting things. It makes tax time easy.

On this account I sell and use that money to buy. I want to pay through paypal. For one it's my money and i can spend it how i want. Once it gets transfered  into a joint checking account...... If i use paypal I don't have the husband going through the statement and asking what i spent $200 on...... I can also hide Christmas gifts, etc. 

I'm the buyer and I want to decide how i want to pay. if i want to pay using my paypal balance rather than transferring that to my bank and then using my debit card, it doesn't matter that i can, or how easy it would be. what matters is that I've already used the back button and found a seller that allows me to pay how i want to pay.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 59 of 60
latest reply

@coutureshuz wrote:

I just went to purchase from a seller I have bought from for years.  paypal no longer an option, they want you to pay with a credit card on ebay.  I did not purchase as I wanted to use cash on my paypal balance, and do not want to give my credit card info to Ebay.  Ebay trying to force sellers to use their new payment platform, but if I can't buy with Paypal, I just won't buy.

Yet from 2002 until July 2015 you were fine with giving this info to eBay since they owned and controlled 100% of PayPal. What changed?

Since the company that controls nearly 50% of US ecommerce (Amazon) doesn't accept PayPal it's obvious this is a non-issue for most consumers. I buy from dozens on online sellers, only eBay and a few of the small single seller sites I deal with accept PayPal. I don't even use PayPal on eBay, it's easier just to use a credit card directly and because I use a 2% cashback card I have no incentive whatsoever to use PayPal.

Message 60 of 60
latest reply