cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Authenticity Guarantee Option Unless Price Higher

Hello trying to sell a pair of shoes now for a long time. Selling for $130 no authenticity guarantee option even though I’ve sold shoes for that same price & it has had that option. Now for these shoes tries resisting multiple times multiple different ways for it not to pop up unless I change the price up to at least $150.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I listed a handbag with zipper issues awhile back, and the threshold to trigger the AG was a list price of $500.

So I listed it at $500, sold it for a Best Offer and got the AG.

If you're trying to sell Sneakers, check out the FAQ: 

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-sneakers-seller/

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@summerlin_kicks wrote:

Hello trying to sell a pair of shoes now for a long time. Selling for $130 no authenticity guarantee option even though I’ve sold shoes for that same price & it has had that option. Now for these shoes tries resisting multiple times multiple different ways for it not to pop up unless I change the price up to at least $150.

@summerlin_kicks  eBay has changed the minimum price for sneaker authentication multiple times over the last few years and now it appears they have moved to dynamic pricing "starting at" $75....importantly though, that's just the lowest threshold and it can go up from there depending on brand and model.

For example, these Hokas qualify at the $75 mark:

hoka1.jpg

But these Nikes have a minimum of $150:

nikeair1.jpg

eBay can and does adjust eligibility on the fly now, with the listing form automatically determining if the item qualifies, and the only way a seller will know if it is eligible is if they see that message on the listing form.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply