cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to selling. Need help avoiding getting scammed.

I have made a sale on eBay after listing my account up for a popular mobile game. It has auto-relisted for about 2 months before the bids started. 4 bids were placed and the item was sold yesterday. The buyer has not paid or responded to my eBay message. I have sent an invoice right before making this discussion.

It has about 900 hours worth of work done, includes many rare items and sold for about 1600$ through auction. Since the account was listed, the ingame currencies and inventory have gone up (e.g. 24000 credits are now 48,000 credits since the season ended and the account got rewarded 24000 credits for being a high rank). The account gained more things. It did not lose anything that was listed on eBay descriptions. It is a very tricky situation for me as a seller. Since the item is digital there is no shipping. It is basically handing the account information over after the payment has been received. Once that is done and the person changes the bound email and password, I will lose the account forever. But the buyer can find a lot of ways to chargeback after a month and rob me of my account and money. So I want to make sure that my time and effort do not go to waste. I do not want to be scammed. What are some precautions I should take?

Here is a link to the item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223959093096?_trksid=p2380057.m570.l6002&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI223959093096.N39...

Here is a link to the buyer: https://www.ebay.com/usr/04f250sd

I have gone through the buyer's profile. All of the previous purchases are automobile parts. Most of them are "over a year ago" and one was made "6 months ago".

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@aschow-51 wrote:

Once that is done and the person changes the bound email and password, I will lose the account forever. But the buyer can find a lot of ways to chargeback after a month and rob me of my account and money. So I want to make sure that my time and effort do not go to waste. I do not want to be scammed. What are some precautions I should take?

There are no precautions you can take ... which is why eBay doesn't support the sale of such things on this site, and PayPal doesn't protect a seller that sells them.  A buyer can easily claim not as described or item didn't arrive and win the case.  They don't have to do a chargeback, but they could do that or they could file with PayPal ... you have zero protection.

In addition, game account selling almost always violates the terms of service for the game.

You should read the digital goods policy.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@aschow-51 wrote:

Once that is done and the person changes the bound email and password, I will lose the account forever. But the buyer can find a lot of ways to chargeback after a month and rob me of my account and money. So I want to make sure that my time and effort do not go to waste. I do not want to be scammed. What are some precautions I should take?

Game accounts are not to be sold.

All the buyer has to is file an INR after the estimated delivery date and with no tracking, buyer will get their money back.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Looks fishy from all angles.  Scammers both the seller and the 2 buyer ID's.

A Non-Starter.

But don't worry...……...ebay will protect us all.😂

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I hate to be the Prophet of Doom, but I think you have wasted your time. Typically no legit buyer is going to risk spending $1500.00 with a "Zero" feedback seller. You should hope they don't pay, then you can open an Unpaid Item case and get your fees back. If you are lucky enough to get your fees, never list it again. Find a safer place to sell it. Good luck.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The whole thing smells like a 10 day old fish in the sun!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Or what donald grabs then by.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi, I have no idea what it is you are selling. I looked it up on Google & found this: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0EGcGxDG5A"

Maybe this will help you to sell your item. Seems like all here are saying it is not a good thing to sell it here. Hope this helps you. Good luck all & stay safe 💖

Message 8 of 8
latest reply