cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New seller, how to get sales?

Hello, 

How long did you wait to get your first sale as a new seller?

I have followed every advice with listing, and my price is reasonable i am also paying targeted marketing but still no sale. Is it because i have no reviews? I technically got a first sale which i made a mistake by sending wrong amount $ offer to the client

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Buyers are not crazy about new sellers drop shipping from China.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sometimes it takes more than 10 days on eBay before the money starts rolling in.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's going to be tough. 

First, jewellery is a saturated category on eBay.  Hundreds of thousands of sellers, from every country in the world but especially from East Asia and South Asia, have millions of items for sale.

Second, unfortunately, much of the jewellery coming out of Asia, East and South, has a bad reputation, for poor quality.

Third, jewellery is a non-essential and right now people here in the U.S., and in much of the rest of the world, are struggling financially and have less to spend on non-essentials.

So, as I say, it's a tough market and you've entered it in tough times.  Just do your best, be patient, and hope for sales.  Good luck.

-

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@norahpearls 

Welcome to selling! You are selling items that are in a very oversaturated category, not to mention you are located in Hong Kong.  US buyers may not want to wait the time frame it takes to deliver from your country.  Your prices are a bit high, as sterling silver is worth as much as it used to be.  Watch your prices, stay communicative with your perspective customers and ship timely.  Hopefully you'll get your first sale soon.  Nice shop, keep up the good work.  

Happy Sales!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You may want to try making a few more mistakes by sending wrong amount $ offer to your clients.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Be careful with Promoted Listing.

There are two kinds.

The one that is worthwhile is the classic, where you choose your fee (which can be lower or higher than eBay's suggestion) and only pay it when the item sells.

The pay per click charges fees on Unsold products.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The thing is im not a drop shipper, i craft my jewelry and i am located in hong kong.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

No offence to anyone but drop shipping is an american thing, you cannot be a drop shipper from china if your from china. The chinese don't need to do drop shipping they has all the manufacturing facilities.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply