cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New listing tool: won't save cost of shipping

Is anybody else having this problem?
Yes the new listing tool sucks but whatever, I'm just trying to list.
Shipping policy, I go to select one of my normal ones but the shipping is to high for this item.
I go to set shipping for this item only, the box pops up, I change it, hit ok, and all it does is give me the little spinning Icon like it's working, and doesn't stop spinning.  I left it on for a long time and still nothing.  Everything else works, and I can list the item with the high shipping, but what good is that?  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Do you know that eBay has absolutely nothing to do with the dollar amounts of shipping costs?
Those are established by the company that does the shipping.  

USPS prices have gone up recently; these increases are supposed to be "temporary", for the year-end holiday season. 
Similarly, FedEx establishes their own prices, as does UPS.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This problem started happening to me yesterday, and it does not matter whether I try to edit shipping policy, create shipping policy, or edit this items shipping....whenever I hit save, the icon will never stop spinning.   

Is there a known resolution to this problem?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

New listing tool seems like it’s still in beta - and we’re all the unwilling testers. Yesterday, it wasn’t saving price or my selected shipper. Today, it’s not saving price changes I try to make or changes I make to buy it now/best offer minimum accepted price. I enter things over, and over, and over. Makes me wonder if ebay is hiring 15 year olds to develop this “time saving” new listing tool.
I’ve disliked selling on ebay for years - and they consistently make things worse for sellers, instead of better.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been MONTHS that the shipping tool has NOT saved!!!  I have complained about it many times and it will work for about a week AFTER I put my listing into draft and go from there.  This is the "edit this listing only" that I've been trying to use.  Yesterday, it came up that I need to change the entire shipping business policy which I won't do.  THEY want us to list but until I can get the price that I need to ship something, I'm NOT going to list it.  Since eBay charges fees for shipping, they would WANT a higher shipping price?!?!  THIS has been VERY frustrating!!!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You know those people who answer the phone in some third world hole? Yea, those are the same people coding the website. Because they are cheap cheap cheap. Probably gets them for $1.58/hr and they are worth every penny.

Clear your cookies and browser history, that usually works. Try a non chromium based browser like FireFox. 

Go to downdetector and see if theres a mile of reports. If so give up until the next day. Take pictures or something.

IT has been incompetent for some years now. They won’t get any better soon. You gotta find ways to deal with it.

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I highly advise you just opt out of the new Shipping Policies. This can be done in the Business Policies if you go to Selling - Listings. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply