cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New listing page layout is HORRIBLE no description or full condition on first page? Is this a joke?

I just sold an item (first sale in a LONG TIME, despite listing every day - sales have almost completely dried up - but that's for another post) i went to the item page and it looks totally different.

For those wondering i'm using a PC and Chrome web browser

While i think the larger picture at the top of the page is great...when you scroll down the page you don't actually see the description! You need to click a small button to go over to the description - this is a HORRIBLE idea! Who thought this up? What's the point of writing a description? No one is ever going to read it if you have to click to another page to view it. I write detailed condition notes in my description - it seems like this is now pointless. People barely read as it is but now you're going to create obstacles from the buyer seeing it?

It shows the "Condition description" in small letters on the right but if you write more than a few words it will cut off and then you have to click read more - when you click read more it just jumps the page down to item specifics where you have to click read more AGAIN.

I honestly don't understand how they make these changes without asking sellers opinions

It also now shows rows and rows of "Similar Sponsored items" - 11 rows total to be exact! No wonder i have no sales, if someone clicks my item ebay shows them 55+ other "Related" items on the same page (more if you click the arrow and go over on each row)

This is just creating a race to the bottom in terms of prices - like this item? well here are 10 people selling the same or similar items for less. Soon the only way to compete will be to promote your items at the ridiculous suggested rates ebay likes to give like "Promoted ad rate of 13.7%" and then you'll have to under price every other person selling the same item too so you'll end up making pennies.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: New listing page layout is HORRIBLE no description or full condition on first page? Is this a j

I have listings with both. I wonder if it is based on so many spaces before the 'read more' shoes up?

This is one of mine that is a little long:

Condition:
UsedUsed
CRACKING ON THE "G" ON THE RIGHT SLEEVE. ALL OTHER ARTWORK IS GOOD. A SMALL ON LOWER FRONT. SEE ... Read more

What I will also do is cut and paste the condition details and paste them in the description box area. This way it is in two places on the listing and no excuse for shopper not to see. 
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Re: New listing page layout is HORRIBLE no description or full condition on first page? Is this a j

I agree 100%.  I sell mainly clothing items and include measurements in the description portion of my listings.  Since the change I now get messages from potential buyers asking for measurements.  It's so frustrating when they are already included.  It's not a big deal to message them back and let them know that the measurements are included in the description portion, but it does take time that's for sure.  

Most potential buyers thank me for letting them know and state to me that they did find it (just didn't scroll down far enough).  I am left to wonder how many lost sales I have had because of the format change.  What's the point of writing descriptions if they are not going to be easily seen by buyers?

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

There is a little feedback bubble on the right hand side of any of the new listing pages. I would suggest everyone click it and tell eBay we want the description back on the main page. Maybe if enough of us complain about it they will actually change it back.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply