cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listings Excluding All Countries but USA and Canada

So I recently started using the international shipping program and things worked well enough.

But now that I have tried creating new listings since then, all locations except for USA and Canada are excluded.

Here is an item I have had up for awhile: https://www.ebay.com/itm/175315485700

It does exclude a few countries, but I am guessing those are some ebay default since many are in turmoil.

To demonstrate what I was seeing, I made a copy of that listing with "Sell Similar," which I will delete if I can get the problem fixed: https://www.ebay.com/itm/176174814159

All the settings on the second listing are the same, I just changed the price and added "test" to the name. I have the exact same shipping policy for both. One ships almost everywhere and the other ships only to US and Canada.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks for any ideas!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @egarchow89 

Double check the "Exclude shipping locations" on your Shipping preferences page:  Shipping Preferences (ebay.com)

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I looked at the item you provided a link for and I see a pretty extensive list of countries that it will ship to through the EIS program. Not sure if I am missing something. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1705052344057.png

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

As both @mr_lincoln and @dbfolks166mt have stated the two listings are not the same.

Here is a screenshot of your first listing and with that one the United Kingdom is included. The 2nd listing (test)  the United Kingdom is excluded. Did you change your business policies at all today?

20240112_024906245.jpeg

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Here is a screenshot of your first listing and with that one the United Kingdom is included. The 2nd listing (test)  the United Kingdom is excluded. Did you change your business policies at all today?

I see the UK in both listings? This is the second/test one. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1705054322913.png

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt 

What I'm seeing is that the UK is included (Ships To) in the OP's first listing, see my screenshot above.

But UK is then excluded in the 2nd (test) listing, see your screenshot above.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt 

What I'm seeing is that the UK is included (Ships To) in the OP's first listing, see my screenshot above.

But UK is then excluded in the 2nd (test) listing, see your screenshot above.

My oversight, old eyes, you are correct. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I have had this issue for a couple months now. ironic that is was right after I received the emails from Ebay that I was officially enrolled in EIS (previously I guess I was in the Beta testing?). I had no issues with it before then. I had several repeat buyers message me saying they cannot use EIS. This is when I discovered the issue of only US and Canada as the options. I had to add a separate option to use USPS First Class International so they could purchase. The odd this was when I went to print the label the EIS option WAS there and I used it. They definitely have an issue with this. I figured they would get it fixed but evidently they have not. Interesting that posters here say they can see all the countries but you as the seller cannot. That would explain why the EIS does show up when going to actually ship it maybe.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for the reply, but on that page I have no exclusions:

Exclude shipping locations

Domestic:0
International:0
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yes, the first one ships almost everywhere. The second one ships only to USA and Canada.

They are literally the exact same listing (I used "sell similar" to make the test one) with 2 exceptions. I added "test" to the second one's name, and doubled the price since I didn't want anyone to actually buy it.

Since there has been some confusion from some of the replies, I want to make it clear that both listings have the exact same shipping policy, the one that I use for around 1300 of my listings. One listing is shipping to most locations. The other is shipping only to US and Canada. This problem with the "test" listing seems to be happening with every new listing I try to create.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't think it wise to add an international shipping option other than EIS because of the wide variation of size and weight of my items, and the fact that as far as the USPS has told me the cheapest way to send insured international is Priority.

What makes zero sense to me is that two listings with the EXACT same shipping policy have different exclusions. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

One more thing of note, all of the listings that seem to be working properly were made in 2023 or earlier. As far as I can tell, this is only an issue with listings I have tried to make in the past week or so.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply