cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neutral feedback for no reason.

I received a message from a buyer of a Bible saying that he couldn’t read the text because he needed larger type. I replied and told him that I was sending a full refund and he could keep the Bible. Now he has given me neutral feedback stating the type was too small. Type size was never discussed at any point. I even gave him a discounted price because he was a veteran. I messaged him and requested that he remove the feedback. No response. This is aggravating. Can somebody please help me with this?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Neutral feedback for no reason.

Seems like no good deed goes unpunished.  You need to send him an official "feedback revision request" (that is the only way he can change it).

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@thebargainmonkey wrote:

I received a message from a buyer of a Bible saying that he couldn’t read the text because he needed larger type. I replied and told him that I was sending a full refund and he could keep the Bible. Now he has given me neutral feedback stating the type was too small. Type size was never discussed at any point. I even gave him a discounted price because he was a veteran. I messaged him and requested that he remove the feedback. No response. This is aggravating. Can somebody please help me with this?

And it should have been made clear in the listing. I see you have a large number of books for sale. At my some advanced age I would want to know if the type was large, medium or small.

You should include it in all your listings even if it is only a font # size.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Send him a magnifying glass.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I wouldn't waste a revision on that.  It doesn't reflect on you and is actually kind of funny - like the one I had where the buyer found his remote so cancelled the sale me.

There are things called full page magnifiers - they lay over the page and viola - bigger type. They are inexpensive.  Unless he has very advanced eye problems, he can help himself on this. Good grief. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Neutral feedback is just that, neutral. Does not effect your feedback rating nor does it look bad on your account.  Whatever you do, don't respond to it as that will draw attention. 

Posting ID
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Please do not get too stressed over a neutral. Anyone with a brain will see the guy is a flake complaining over a font size. If he cannot see well he should have chose a listing that states the book has large fonts.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Sounds like he can really use a bible. Hopefully he reads it.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Aren’t most Bibles somewhat Small print. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

Neutral feedback is just that, neutral. Does not effect your feedback rating nor does it look bad on your account.  Whatever you do, don't respond to it as that will draw attention. 

Exactly. This is a neutral and has no effect on your selling account. The comments is actually funny and doesn't represent you at all. That buyer only has 4 feedbacks so anyone would see they are new to buying online and don't understand how it works. Ignore and concentrate on other things. Best of luck to you....

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@thebargainmonkey 

I'm going to go against most of the previous replies. 

This is a case in which I would post a reply saying, "You left me a neutral feedback AFTER I voluntarily issued a full refund and allowed you to keep the bible free of charge!" 

I might even add "have a blessed day."

I know it's snarky, but IMO, that reply wouldn't reflect poorly on the seller but would speak volumes about the buyer.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@thebargainmonkey 

I'm going to go against most of the previous replies. 

This is a case in which I would post a reply saying, "You left me a neutral feedback AFTER I voluntarily issued a full refund and allowed you to keep the bible free of charge!" 

I might even add "have a blessed day."

I know it's snarky, but IMO, that reply wouldn't reflect poorly on the seller but would speak volumes about the buyer.

Might be too confrontational.

If one had to leave a reply, I would say "Buyer had already been given full refund and the bible free of charge" and leave it at that.

ETA:  The seller needs to come off cool, not upset.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

So you have learned a lesson that many of us have had to learn, bible buyers are rather retentive.  But what can I say other than Jesus sells.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Ebay may remove that for you.

I've had neutrals removed before.

Unless you MADE that bible, that is clearly a product review and not a review of your transaction.

Good luck!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

"Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit" - PROVERBS 26:5

Message 15 of 19
latest reply