cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative seller feedback

I sold a factory sealed PS4 game. Checking today, I received a red neg, so was preparing to contact the buyer. For an unknown reason, I checked his record and discovered he has made 43 purchases in 5 1/2 wks. and given 42 red negs. Why e-Bay has permitted his account to stay active is most definitely a puzzle.

I have accepted that e-commerce has its unique problems and that sellers must roll with the punches, but this is too much to stomach. 42 other sellers have been faced with this male bovine manure in 5 1/2 wks. Is this what the platform has come to represent?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Negative seller feedback

@kabilab 

That is what is known as Feedback Abuse.  If you want it removed, you need to contact Ebay and report the Feedback abuse.  Heck you might even be able to help some of those other sellers, who knows.  But the buyer needs to be reported.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Negative seller feedback

You can report that situation to eBay.  It would appear that no one else has thought about doing that.  

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

PS:  How much money does one make selling DVDs at $5.99 with free shipping?  

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

e-Bay has permitted his account to stay active is most definitely a puzzle.

@kabilab 

eBay used to tell us that an unsavory profile like that 'was no indication that this was a bad buyer.  After all, that might be a buyer that purchases 1000 items a week, and only leaves feedback for his unhappy experiences.' 

Since we are no longer allowed to see what a buyer actually purchases, there is no way to tell, of course if that is the case here or ever. 

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

If I were here for profit, I would not consider selling anything for $5.99. My sole purpose for e-Bay is to liquidate product I have been unable to sell to my retail customers. I am 81 and my grandson manages the store. As such, I measure time in a different manner than in the past. I am able to reap a small sum and receive a return of my investment.

I tolerate e-commerce but I do not think, were I younger, it would suit me for a profit making venture. Now considering the e-Bay of 2013, when I began selling under my current account, I was definitely mulling vending for profit, but those days are gone.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

I had similar situation before. eBay would do absolutely nothing. You can report the buyer or not, it doesn't change anything. Their position is "Buyer is always right" no matter what. I even not sure if anybody there reads those buyer reports at all. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

You might possibly get that removed.  I got ahold of somebody on eBay Facebook and got one removed once.
About like yours.  Seller had left 23 negatives out of his last 25 feedbacks left

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

He left a negative for 42 of 43 purchases?  That means that at least one person made him happy.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

@pickapaper wrote:

He left a negative for 42 of 43 purchases?  That means that at least one person made him happy.

Or pressed the "wrong" button.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

Red, I have a Facebook account, but am fairly ignorant as to usage. If possible, please send a link to the agents for that site.

Thank you for any assistance you are in the position to render.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

OK, as long as you are satisfied with your current selling plan; however, free shipping on a $5.00 DVD will cost you about $3 so right away, plus the FVF is charged on the state sales  tax also.  As long as you know all that and are content with your final payment, ok, go for it.   

I am 90 and also measure time in a different manner.  Would not want to spend the time writing listing, taking picture, wrapping and mailing for what amounts to a payment of probably less than 3 bucks an hour.  Or does the grandson do all that?  

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

Report the buyer and contact support, they will help you...and if they don't contact support again and get one of the good representatives. Most of them are great. The 'buyer' is probably be a scammer.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

@soh.maryl wrote:

PS:  How much money does one make selling DVDs at $5.99 with free shipping?  

A 5.99 shipped DVD sold by a regular ebay member results in 25 cents left after shipping and fees. 

34 cents for bubble mailer and thermal label. 4.13 for media mail, $1.27 for ebay fees.

This accounts for absolutely no other overhead and it assumes the seller gets all the DVDs for free. 

Seller seems to have free returns. If one DVD out of 35 gets returned then the net result is zero.

To make McDonald's money with this business model you need to be able to source, list, file, pull and ship 60 DVDs every hour.  And once again, you can never have a return, ever, and someone else is giving you the DVDs for free and covering all the other overhead costs in your business.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

@kabilab 

Very sorry for your situation.  You're a long time seller with a great rep.  To me this is just another way for people to scam and get free merchandise.  The seller will refund to make the transaction whole and hopefully hopes they'll remove it.  This is a bit excessive.  It needs to stop.  Again, very sorry.  You have many singing your praises so that's a good thing.  Hang in there.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Negative seller feedback

Report the buyer of 'negative' abuse feedback history. They are probably just trying to get sellers to bend the knee and issue a refund.

Add them to you buyer block list. 

Remember sellers! You can respond to a buyer's neutral / negative feedback post to state your case on the transaction for all others to see who might deal with this buyer. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply