cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback

I as many sellers pride themselves on great customer service and when negative feedback is received and is not warranted if flipping sucks. I contacted ebay regarding negative feedback from a buyer who wanted to return a handbag. I refused due to the fact that all my listings say "CAN ONLY BE RETURNED IF IN SAME CONDTION AS SHOW AS SOLD" The buyer purchased a NWT handbag used it for 17 days and damaged it. 

Now claims it was an inferior product leaving feedback to suggest i sell CRAP. Ebay closed the case in my favor stating i would not be responsible for any costs then ebay refunded her and charged me with a return label fee. I have chatted and talked until im exhausted trying to get my refund for the label as well as getting her feedback removed but all i get is my return policies should be clearly listed. First who does that? Who allows a buyer to damage a product and then get reimbursed in FULL? Second why is it that buyers have the option to choose NEGATIVE feedback buy sellers don't and should we reply to feedback doesn't matter what we say it still shows up as positive. Sellers should be able to leave negative feedback on buyers just so sellers can see who these people are and how many are repeat offenders.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Negative Feedback

Can you give her a "positive" and then briefly describe the transaction ...then block her?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Yes this is frustrating and is part of doing business online. If the buyer (renter) is leaving negative feedback about the product not about the seller, you should have grounds to appeal the feedback. Feedback is suppose to reflect the buyer not a review of the item. May happen, may not and many users here have pointed sellers to the Ebay Facebook page for feedback revision relief. (someone on this board should be able to provide a link)

As noted above, you can leave her positive feedback while giving an explanation of the deal. Just be polite, courteous when communicating with the buyer (renter) To many Sellers end up sending messages or leaving feedback that has profanity, threats and/or badgering comments. Even if those comments are warranted, do not do that. If you do it may hurt your case for returns and/or feedback revisions.

Some will make the case to offer returns which can help prevent some negative feedback and/or allow Ebay to remove the feedback easier/faster.

-Good luck

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

I refused due to the fact that all my listings say "CAN ONLY BE RETURNED IF IN SAME CONDTION AS SHOW AS SOLD" The buyer purchased a NWT handbag used it for 17 days and damaged it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where does it say that? I can't find your return policy. It just says "Refer to eBay return policy".

The CSR is correct, Your return policy should be clear. I don't see any store policies.

You can copy my return policy, edit it, and add it to your store under "About" section.

Here is mine:

*Returns and Exchanges*

We strive to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with their purchases. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we gladly accept returns and exchanges within 30 days of the original purchase date.

*Eligible Returns*

* Items must be in their original condition, with all original tags and packaging intact.
* Items must not have been worn, used, or altered in any way.
* Items must be accompanied by the original receipt and all original packaging materials.

*Return Procedure*

1. Go to your eBay purchase history and click return this item to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, and a return label.
2. Repack the item securely in its original packaging, if possible.
3. Affix the return shipping label provided by eBay or our customer service to the outside of the package.
4. Ship the package to the address provided on the label.

*Refunds*

* Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment.
* Refunds will be processed within 2-3 business days of receiving the returned item.

*Exchanges*

* Exchanges are subject to availability of the desired replacement item.
* Please indicate on your return form if you would like to exchange an item, and we will contact you with further instructions.

*International Returns*

* No International returns.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

The type of false positive feedback you are advising OP to leave is against eBay policy and will result in a policing violation for OP if reported.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

Who allows a buyer to damage a product and then get reimbursed in FULL?

@fleamarketfinds7 

Well, you certainly shouldn't. You're a TRS who offers 30-Day Returns. You have one of the last seller protections left, as you can reduce the amount of the buyer's refund by up to 50% upon return of the used/damaged item.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

We all will get a negative feedback once or twice that is unwarranted. Just let it go and keep selling and block the buyer from future purchases.

The purse looked fine to me and others with say the same thing they clink on it. I don't think the feedback will hurt you.

It already got buried with positive feedbacks by the way. One has to click into the one negative to read it.

I also suggest don't even respond to the negative feedback. Sometimes saying nothing is better than ranting about a buyer in feedback.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@fleamarketfinds7 wrote:

Ebay closed the case in my favor stating i would not be responsible for any costs then ebay refunded her and charged me with a return label fee.

If she did not use the label, I think you should eventually be refunded for that, although it may take a couple of weeks or so until USPS verifies that it was never used.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@jimw1776 wrote:

Can you give her a "positive" and then briefly describe the transaction ...then block her?

NO!! This is BAD advice. 

@fleamarketfinds7 Do not leave a contradictory feedback for the buyer. Your own account will be dinged for the feedback violation. Sellers cannot leave anything other than positive comments and positive feedback for buyers.

ETA: 
Oops, my post came too late. If the buyer reports that feedback you left, you'll get hit with a defect for misusing feedback! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@a_c_green wrote:

If she did not use the label, I think you should eventually be refunded for that, although it may take a couple of weeks or so until USPS verifies that it was never used.

No, this isn't correct. 

Sellers don't get charged for the label unless the buyer uses it and it's scanned by USPS. (So there's no credit if the item doesn't get returned.)

But as @mtgraves7984 pointed out, you are entitled to deduct for the damage to the bag since it wasn't returned in the same condition as sent.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Who allows a buyer to damage a product and then get reimbursed in FULL?

eBay

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Negative Feedback

I was super nice in a passive aggressive way 

"You could have returned the bag once you received it if you thought it was an inferior product but you chose to use it for 17days damage it & now blame me for your misuse your feedback is out of line"

Its just another day in the sellers have no say ebay day

Message 12 of 12
latest reply