cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback for no given reason

I'm just looking for clarification on some negative feedback I got for seemingly no reason. The only thing they wrote was "Fast shipping!" which seems like a complement rather than a complaint. To my knowledge, the label and item description were correct. I'm only selling to de-clutter, and this is my first time getting negative feedback after about 20 sales. What, if anything, can do about this unclear negative feedback?

Some details in case they might help: The item sold was a vintage magazine. Used. And the price paid was lower than what I was asking for because I also had the "best offer" option on. I paid the shipping as well.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Negative Feedback for no given reason

@cs6424 

Contact eBay directly and ask them to remove it.  A positive comment with a negative rating is against the rules and should be removed.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@cs6424 

Contact eBay directly and ask them to remove it.  A positive comment with a negative rating is against the rules and should be removed.  

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

You can ask the buyer for a revision but that is all.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Thanks customer for their positive feedback and ask them to revise it to show as positive.   Send customer request for "feedback revision".   

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@wpt05 wrote:

@cs6424 

I think it's the other way around.

A positive feedback with a negative remark is not allowed.

I don't think ebay will remove this.

It's obviously a mistake.

Hopefully you can get the buyer to remove/revise it.

Good luck!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@jda02121 

That is incorrect.  eBay will remove it.  

@caldreamer 

This is a good suggestion.  My only problem with this is that the buyer either misclicked or maliciously left a negative so I wouldn't trust them to update it.  

This happened to me in the past.  The buyer asked me to send them a revision.  When I looked at their account they had given 100 negatives out of 200 feedbacks.  

Once a revision starts, it is open for a week leaving eBay customer service powerless to remove it.  That is why I suggest to contact customer service directly.  

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@inhawaii 

You're thinking of a seller leaving it for a buyer.  You are right a seller cannot leave a negative comment with a positive rating for a buyer.  

If a buyer leaves a positive comment with a negative rating for a seller, it can be removed.  

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Nope

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Yes, eBay will remove it.  Look under help and contact.  You can take care of it without a call.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Any normal person would naturally think that with the ebay "Money back Guarantee " there would be no negative feedback. Don't worry though it's just a way for ebay to drag sellers down and let competitors do the same. I've learned to embrace them and be jolly that they can't even do the simplest of task at ebay. After all your merchandice will soon be theirs by hook or crook.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@wpt05 wrote:

@cs6424 

I think it's the other way around.

A positive feedback with a negative remark is not allowed.

I don't think ebay will remove this.

It's obviously a mistake.

Hopefully you can get the buyer to remove/revise it.

Good luck!

I believe it's a violation this way also as per the policy: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-misuse-policy?id=5030

What is the policy?

Any misuse of feedback is not allowed. Feedback comments should match the positive or negative rating that was given in both buyer and seller feedback. For example, a negative comment should not be left with a positive rating.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@wpt05 wrote:

@inhawaii 

You're thinking of a seller leaving it for a buyer.  You are right a seller cannot leave a negative comment with a positive rating for a buyer.  

If a buyer leaves a positive comment with a negative rating for a seller, it can be removed.  

Every feedback and comment "can" be removed.  The question is, will they?

Ebay rarely says  "oh it looks like the buyer made a mistake, let's fix that."

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@cs6424 wrote:

I'm just looking for clarification on some negative feedback I got for seemingly no reason. The only thing they wrote was "Fast shipping!" which seems like a complement rather than a complaint. To my knowledge, the label and item description were correct. I'm only selling to de-clutter, and this is my first time getting negative feedback after about 20 sales. What, if anything, can do about this unclear negative feedback?

Some details in case they might help: The item sold was a vintage magazine. Used. And the price paid was lower than what I was asking for because I also had the "best offer" option on. I paid the shipping as well.

Go here and request removal:   https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Do NOT waste a revision request on this.  The people telling you to do that are wrong.  You only get a certain number of revision requests, so only use them when they really count.  

Ebay will most likely remove that.  Use the Help menu & follow the drill down to Request Feedback Removal or something to that effect.  Make your case short & sweet, such as "buyer left a negative with a positive comment".   The last one I had removed took only MINUTES from when I submitted it to when it was removed.  

IF and ONLY IF they don't remove it, you can consider sending a Revision Request, but first make sure your buyer is willing to change it.  Or do nothing.  It's obvious it's a positive & negs don't really hurt you, but you don't sell a lot, so if it bugs you, you can waste a Revision Request. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@wpt05 wrote:

@inhawaii 

Every feedback and comment "can" be removed.  The question is, will they?

Ebay rarely says  "oh it looks like the buyer made a mistake, let's fix that."

It is clear a violation of policy and will be removed.  A buyer cannot leave a positive comment with a negative rating for a seller.  This has been in place for years.  As my previous post explained the exact thing happened to me before and the feedback was removed.  

Message 15 of 18
latest reply