cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback Removal

I am frustrated and don't know where to turn, and want to see if anyone else has experienced the same treatment on this issue.  I sold a new "smart" bike helmet, buyer stated that it was too small.  We accept returns on our listings, and received the helmet back damaged, with pieces off of the helmet, rendering it unsaleable.  We reached out to Ebay customer service, and they offered to withhold 50% of the purchase price due to the damaged state.   We agreed to that amount.

We then received a negative feedback from the buyer, stating 3 times that we were "crooks."  We have maintained a 100% feedback rating with over 4000 reviews, and asked that this feedback be removed.  We went through the appeal process, and every time Ebay responded that it didn't meet the criteria for feedback removal.    Can anyone explain how disparaging our business is not considered against Ebay policy?  As mentioned previously, we are extremely frustrated that we apparently didn't do anything wrong, and are still penalized with negative feedback AND are left with an unsaleable product.  My guess is the buyer was compensated by Ebay for the 50% reduction in their purchase price.  Would appreciate any insights- thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A customer requesting a unwarranted return is common and all part of doing business online.

A customer not returning an item not in the same condition is common and all part of doing business online.

A customer leaving you a untrue/unwarranted feedback  is common and all part of doing business online.

This happens to all of once in a while.

Sorry this happened to you. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Personally, I'd contact eBay on facebook. ( www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness )

The negative feedback is a direct connection to you using a seller protection, and I'm guessing since you are a TRS would be the TRS seller protection.

The feedback should be removed.

Supporting evidence of eBay's own information:

"

Up to 50% refund deduction for decreased value on used or damaged returns

When you issue a refund for an item that was returned after it was used or damaged by a buyer, and you have a track record of delivering on your service promise, we’ll give you the ability to protect yourself by deducting up to 50% of the refund to recover the decreased value of the item. If there are any issues with buyers that may negatively impact you, we’ll take care of them by removing any negative and neutral feedback, defects, and open cases in service metrics."

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Did you have the option to refund less because of the damage? That option is usually available to trs sellers that have free returns OR at least a 30 day return policy.  Then ebay removes any negative feedback related to that refund. Since your policy on that listing is just 14 days that is probably why eBay did it for you rather than being on the refund page.  I'm not sure if you have already done this or  if they will remove the feedback but if you report the buyer and  then use the feedback revision page asking ebay to revise it, it may help. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

A customer requesting a unwarranted return is common and all part of doing business online.

A customer not returning an item not in the same condition is common and all part of doing business online.

A customer leaving you a untrue/unwarranted feedback  is common and all part of doing business online.

This happens to all of once in a while.

...the thing about that is it doesn't have to be we just eat it and smile.

It wasn't always like that and ebay grew and grew.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply