cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with an authentication on a Chanel cardigan, Please/Thank you!

Hi, everyone! I found a channel sweater and would like to try and sell it; however, I do not want to sell a fake. Everything I have checked leads me to believe it is real, yet I am no expert. If any of you have some advice or knowledge about this, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Need some help with an authentication on a Chanel cardigan, Please/Thank you!

The poor quality stitching and knit tells me that it is a fake.

(*Bleep*)
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Re: Need some help with an authentication on a Chanel cardigan, Please/Thank you!

The label is crooked, and there are threads coming off of it. Fake
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I think the Label does look a little suspicious!  I would try and find some Channel Clothing that's being sold and try to compare their labels. or maybe go to a Website that's selling Channel.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@littllemisstanknspank wrote:

Hi, everyone! I found a channel sweater and would like to try and sell it; however, I do not want to sell a fake. Everything I have checked leads me to believe it is real, yet I am no expert. If any of you have some advice or knowledge about this, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

I thought all Chanel was made in France or Italy? The crooked label with threads hanging off says UK.

it doesn’t look real to *me*

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I'm not claiming expertise but just observing that that sweater has labeling exactly like the other listings for the same item.

I'm not so sure it's fake and IMO, it's unfair to accuse a seller of listing a fake unless you are absolutely positive that your facts are correct.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:
I'm not claiming expertise but just observing that that sweater has labeling exactly like the other listings for the same item.

I'm not so sure it's fake and IMO, it's unfair to accuse a seller of listing a fake unless you are absolutely positive that your facts are correct.

Excuse you. 

I never accused anyone of anything.

I said it looks fake to *me*.

If it doesn’t look fake to you, I’m quite sure you could’ve informed the OP of your opinion without lecturing other posters.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

The label may look the same, but it is HOW the label is attached that is the problem. 

The label is crooked, if that item was real, it was probably part of a suit that runs around a thousand bucks, they would have a little more pride in how the labels were attached.

And I said knit quality, the shot around the pocket, the tension is uneven around the color change.  And the pocket button is not centered AND (this is really important) the button does not have the CC logo on it.  That tells me that the item is a fake.

No one here said the OP had listed a fake, we are saying we are pretty sure that the item is a fake.  And the OP should be commended for asking first rather than getting nailed for it later.

Personally, if it were me, I'd remove the label and sell it as an 80s/90s ladies suit jacket.  It won't get as much, but without the label, there is no possibility of getting a VERO takedown as that style was pretty common back in the 80s/90s,

(*Bleep*)
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@mannusma0 wrote:

I thought all Chanel was made in France or Italy? The crooked label with threads hanging off says UK.

I think some Chanel products are also made in Scotland, hence the United Kingdom lable.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@mannusma0 wrote:

All I can add is the Chanel cashmere items are made in Scotland, so a UK label in itself does not mean it is fake.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Actually the CC logog is on the button it is just smaller.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

ALso the knitting looks like that because it has been used and washed. It is pre-1990 so it is pretty old. The label looks exacty (except for the strands) like other cardigens that are for sale. Do you guys know if there is some sort of site or store that i could bring it in and authenticate it? I uderstand it is difficult to properly see it from a picture. Thanks everyone for your help!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I know NOTHING about authenticating clothing, however, a simple Google search of the serial number (P37399K02429) with the word 'chanel' next to it, will tell you they also made/sold this jacket in this red, navy & white.  The serial number matches the others that come up, and all the details (buttons & tags) look the same/authentic to the others online.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I did google it, yet, unfortunately, it did not show up on a chanel site (which i know make sense since it is from an older collection), it showed up on ebay and on a site called eastern cornucorpia and matched exaclty to mine. That is what led me to believe it was real.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Authentic.  Labels are correct.  Buttons are correct.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 15 of 15
latest reply