cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with negative feedback

I have been a good ebay seller for over 8 years with 700+ 100% feedback.  I just got my first negative feedback. 

The buyer was upset because there was a price change when my sale ended.  He also was upset because ebay automatically calculates the shipping on offers and he requested free shipping.  In this case I have always refunded the buyer the shipping cost on offers of free shipping in the past with no issues. 

I did ask Ebay to remove the negative but that was denied since no "policy" had been broken.  I also called customer service - which was a total waste of time.  I also did all the things - responded to the negative and blocked the buyer.

I have worked hard to maintain my 100% feedback.  Everything I have read says that less than 100% effects your sales levels.  There doesn't seem to be any point of selling on Ebay if they don't recognize a good long term seller and lets a bad buyers get away with unwarranted negative feedback which they won't remove.  The really sad thing is that he is a buyer who also sells a lot on eBay so he knew what he was doing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I feel like quitting Ebay at this point ...... 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Since you did refund the customer, did you send them a feedback revision request? Possible that they will revise it. I would try it. And if it makes you fell better, when I looked at your feedback it isn't even showing on the first page. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@moretreasures4you wrote:

Since you did refund the customer, did you send them a feedback revision request? Possible that they will revise it. I would try it. And if it makes you fell better, when I looked at your feedback it isn't even showing on the first page. 

It's the top 1st item when you click 'most recent' (top right of feedback)

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@vintageindiana 

1st of all, offers do NOT include the shipping so you should NOT have 'refunded' them or anyone that does an 'offer' regardless what they want (free shipping)- nor was it EVER automatic. If you want to take $20 on a $30 with $10 shipping, you need to tell them to resend an offer for $10 so you get $20 total because, again, shipping has NEVER been a part of an offer. 

2nd- you should NOT have responded. That negative was very small, and no amount of calling/complaining would have 'removed' it- but your response makes that negative stick out as it is now 3 times bigger.

Next time- only try to 'remove' if the item violates feedback policy (google it). 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Right at the top of the FB page it shows that you are a Top Ranked Seller.

That should be enough to keep buyers from checking your one negative FB.

IMO your only mistake was accepting an offer. That increases your chances of having a transaction go bad.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Listing them as Hot Wheels when they are Maisto probably didn't help.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

To me the negative itself made the buyer look bad.  Or a bit weird anyway.  I wouldn't have worried about it as a potential customer.

But then your response to it brings attention to it and makes you look bad and like you don't know what your are doing.  eBay doesn't calculate shipping on offers.  And why would the price change at the end of the sale?

Should have just left it alone.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

How does the price change at the end of the sale item?

Do you refund the shipping immediately on the same day? 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Battle Scars.   
You cannot please absolutely everyone.  There are borderline nutcases out there that just cannot be pleased.
I got a new Neg couple of days ago.  Guy was upset that I answered his question honestly.
Some days ya just can't win.
Move on, sell more stuff, bury it in Pos feedback.
Battle Scars

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

It is amazing how one negative interaction for a seller can sour the entire eBay experience.

At this point it seems like 1 in 10 sales I have ends with me being taken advantage of, or so it feels like lately.

I am also currently depressed over a negative feedback, the buyer gave me problems the entire way - from questions to ordering, relentless messages over the item being a few days behind schedule, and then they waited a week to drop a bad feedback on me.

Certainly seems like a waste of time some days.  My response will just be to sell less and promote less.  Why would I promote a 99% store, a joke

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Next time- only try to 'remove' if the item violates feedback policy. 

Not even then either.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

Next time- only try to 'remove' if the item violates feedback policy. 

Not even then either.

@monster-deals why not? I've done it when it's a clear violation...

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@monster-deals why not? I've done it when it's a clear violation...

Have you tried the new feedback removal procedure?

Might as well not. I think they want us to 100% stop calling by not removing hardly anything at all.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply