cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with combining 4 offers and one combined shipping.

Really help from you expert sellers that sell multiple items.

I have a new customer that wants to purchase 4 or 5 of my listed items.  I sent a bunch of offers yesterday. I received an email last night from a buyer inquiring about the items that I had sent her. 

2 Part question...once you send offers, can a customer ask for an invoice before purchasing multiple make an offers? 

can the customer put sent offers into a basket and ask for an invoice? 5 items that are already discounted to her from my offers with one shipping cost? been so long for me with multiple sales. most customers purchase and then ask for shipping refunds. Been too nice and stupid and sent them refunds :(((

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Need help with combining 4 offers and one combined shipping.

Once you give an invoice with cost of shipping and ship it you cannot ask buyer for additional cost of shipping you made a mistake of.

Sometimes telling buyer I refund whatever excessive shipping cost will be returned back to buyer could be one solution...probably not the best.

I hate when items are put into "the cart"...and you wait 4 days for payment...buyer doesn't pay...and you have to re-list items...and those items have been off the market for sale for 4 days.

And lastly, check this buyer's feedback...are they new or old and have some feedback....or are they "window shopping"?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@dm772012 wrote:

Really help from you expert sellers that sell multiple items.

I have a new customer that wants to purchase 4 or 5 of my listed items.  I sent a bunch of offers yesterday. I received an email last night from a buyer inquiring about the items that I had sent her. 

2 Part question...once you send offers, can a customer ask for an invoice before purchasing multiple make an offers? 

can the customer put sent offers into a basket and ask for an invoice? 5 items that are already discounted to her from my offers with one shipping cost? been so long for me with multiple sales. most customers purchase and then ask for shipping refunds. Been too nice and stupid and sent them refunds :(((

AFAIK, we can't see the contents anyone has in their basket before purchase so they need to purchase first and then you send them an invoice for payment with the combined shipping.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

confused by your post. if a customer makes any purchase, you can no longer send an invoice. sell has already gone through. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

To combine shipping the buyer has to purchase the items either by accepting an offer or doing a buy it now.  Sellers have no access to items that are just in carts.

Once they do that you can either send an invoice so the buyer can pay, or if they have already paid you can combine all orders into one shipment, adjust the postage and refund any excess.

***Buyer HAS paid***

1. Go to your awaiting shipment page: https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:AWAITING_SHIPMENT
2. Select the items you want to combine, then click print shipping label from the drop down menu. This will show all your items together as one package with one tracking number.
3. Make your weight adjustments so you can print the label with the correct postage.
4. Print your label.

If you want to always have shipping combined, you can set your shipping preferences to allow it.

On the Manage shipping settings page: https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf select Edit beside Allow combined payments and shipping. Choose the time period during which you're willing to combine payment for purchased items and select Save.

On that same page you can set up your combined shipping rules - calculated, flat rate or promotional.

This page: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/posting-items/postage-rates/postage-discounts?id=4168 will tell you in more detail how to set up your combined shipping policy and explains the combined shipping rules you can set up.

***Buyer HAS NOT paid***

Here is how to send an invoice for several items:

Find the items you’re wanting to combine payments for:
1. In Seller Hub, select Orders https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS In My eBay, select Sold https://www.ebay.com/mys/sold
2. Use the drop down menu to the right of the item to select send invoice next to one of the items you’d like to include in the invoice.
3. On the next page, all items purchased by that buyer will be shown.
4. Adjust shipping charges.
5. Enter a message to the buyer if you wish.
6. To preview the invoice, select Preview invoice before sending.
7. To send the invoice, select Send invoice.

I hope this helps.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@dm772012 wrote:

confused by your post. if a customer makes any purchase, you can no longer send an invoice. sell has already gone through. 

"Purchase" doesn't actually mean "buy" in this case unless someone has immediate payment required.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

can the customer put sent offers into a basket and ask for an invoice?

@dm772012 

Since your listings don't show the "make offer" feature, I am assuming that these are "Seller Generated Offers" sent by you.  If you use the "reply" with offer feature to a buyer inquiry I can only tell you how it worked up until this time. 

These offers, when accepted by the buyer,  do not require immediate payment.  Therefore, logically speaking, they can populate the cart and the buyer SHOULD have a request total button.  If they use a mobile app, there will be no such thing as a request total button, but you should be able to send a combined invoice to your buyer with an adjusted shipping price  for multiple items unless eBay blocks it. 

In the meantime, eBay announced this past week that all offers initiated by the buyer  when you DO use the make offer feature on your listing will immediately be auto-billed and paid for including shipping by the buyer as soon as you hit the accept button.  Therefore, combined shipping will no longer be allowed so long as YOU, the seller retain the preferences set to YES that eBay added to your Buyer Management page:

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Buyer Payment Requirements

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they place a bid.

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.

If you want to encourage sales, and combine multiple items for combined shipping/invoice you may wish to change these to NO if it should begin to interfere with SELLER GENERATED OFFERS, too. 

That said, eBay also mentioned that they were working on making SELLER GENERATED OFFERS immediate pay, also.  This removes the option to combine multiple items from the same seller, and invoices become moot as well.  There has been just a couple of people experiencing this so far that indicates that eBay MAY be rolling this out already, but who knows.  In this case the SELLER sent an an offer for more than one item to the same buyer.  The buyer accepted both offers (got no notice of the auto-pay feature, or was asked for a payment option) ,  then they went to pay, and both were already paid for and "marked as shipped".   

Keep in mind that when eBay says they are working on something, or 'coming soon' it could be that it is already happening, may never happen, or will show up anywhere from few week or years. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

If the buyer has already paid and there are 4 different item numbers...

(this is similar to what @southern*sweet*tea posted above)

Seller hub > Tasks > Print labels and ship

Check items you want to ship/combine

Then click on Shipping > Purchase shipping label

Check the items you want to combine (again)

Then click on “Combine”

Select the combined weight and how you with to ship.

Then click on “Review purchase”

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 8 of 8
latest reply