cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying this mark on pottery plate please.

I can’t find this mark on this pottery plate. Tried google lens without any luck. If you know the maker or if it is studio pottery please let me know. 
thank you!

IMG_1421.jpeg

IMG_1422.jpeg

IMG_1423.jpeg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Need help identifying this mark on pottery plate please.

Hi @treasurehunt365 

Couldn’t make out the imprints. They were a bit blurred when i tried to blow them up on my iPhone. What are the letters? OIV? The logo inside the box, is that a tree? Thanks!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

 One more photo. So hard to see this logo. 
thanks!

IMG_1424.jpeg

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@treasurehunt365 

To me the letter mark looks like MO, and the plate looks like some type of redware. I think your real mark is that stamped box that's probably a studio makersmark. 

I would start looking at Missouri potters. Google lens, don't bother it won't detect a match on this.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

thank you! That is a start. Google lens can’t find anything. 
thanks!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@treasurehunt365 

To me the letter mark looks like MO, and the plate looks like some type of redware. I think your real mark is that stamped box that's probably a studio makersmark. 

I would start looking at Missouri potters. Google lens, don't bother it won't detect a match on this.

I don't think it's redware.  I've never seen any redware, at least any redware that's older, where the ceramic rim on the bottom is so white.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply