cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help an authentication for a seller

I’m new to eBay… I have an expensive Pokemon card up for sale (6k) as an individual listing. I expected eBay to add the authentication tag (over $250) but it hasn’t appeared. Another sale of mine did go thru the process before I ever knew about the process. Is there something I need to do in the listing or does eBay do it themselves?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Need help an authentication for a seller

I don't know anything about Authenticity Guarantee or pokaman cards. 
Here is a link for you to read up on Authenticity Guarantee

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@flippinguitars4u wrote:

I’m new to eBay… I have an expensive Pokemon card up for sale (6k) as an individual listing. I expected eBay to add the authentication tag (over $250) but it hasn’t appeared. Another sale of mine did go thru the process before I ever knew about the process. Is there something I need to do in the listing or does eBay do it themselves?

You have 281 feedback, a 10 year old account, and nothing listed for sale nor any recent sales.  Your story does not line up with your account.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@flippinguitars4u 

Since you do not have any listings on this account I am assuming you have another account the card is listed on. Not being able to see the actual listing I can only guess as to why I its not included in the Authenticity Guarantee program. First make sure your item is eligible and listed in the correct category. You can find the eligibility requirements on this page.   https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644

It can take a couple of days for the Authenticity Guarantee to be displayed on your listing, the system needs to check for eligibility.

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@onefootflippers wrote:

@flippinguitars4u wrote:

You have 281 feedback, a 10 year old account, and nothing listed for sale nor any recent sales.  Your story does not line up with your account.

@onefootflippers This appears to be a new seller. All the feedbacks are for purchases. Might have opened another account.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

My bad asking in this account, I have two…

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

No worries, many people here don't post with their selling accounts (either they post with buying accounts or with dedicated posting id's), that doesn't matter much except we can't look at your listings unless you give us a direct link.

I see a couple things in the link @lisa5768  posted that might be related, though I can't say for sure without seeing your listing:

• Cards with relics, patches, aftermarket signatures or autographs that were placed on the card in person can be authenticated, but the authenticity of the embedded relic, autograph, patch, etc., cannot be guaranteed

The following trading cards are not currently eligible for authentication

• Graded cards that are NOT from one of our approved graders. Examples of unapproved graders include:
    • GMA
    • HGA
    • KSA
    • WCG
    • GBA
  • Listings where the delivery is local pickup, in-store pickup, or being shipped to a PO box

Do any of those maybe apply here?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply