cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near Impossible To Compete With Gaming Resellers Who Illegally Abuse USPS Media Mail

It is illegal to ship video games via Media Mail, it's been that way for a long time, just ask Amazon whom had to pay a penalty to the government for abusing Media Mail back in 2014. I know Ebay could easily block this action, at least for those who use their shipping labels. I am writing here to see if we can't petition Ebay to help shutdown these cheaters and thieves, many of whom are Top Rated Plus sellers. If Ebay doesn't stop them I fear the Post Office may just drop the option completely. Lets make the playing field fair for all.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Near Impossible To Compete With Gaming Resellers Who Illegally Abuse USPS Media Mail

@readabouthorses wrote:

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

I just received another MM package today.  Saved the seller plenty of money.  Nearly 23 pounds would have been a killer on postage.  Me, I don’t cheat with media Mail, but I do appreciate that it enables a lot of my purchases.

Would you have been just as happy if it had been opened for inspection and showed up to you with Postage Due? Would you have paid it or refused it?

Remember, if you are not part of the solution then you must be part of the problem.

No doubt, it would have been an annoyance.  But, the seller would reimburse for the postage, one way or another 😉 

It is all theoretical - I receive plenty of MM items that don’t qualify, and I’ve never had to pay postage due.  

I buy things with delivered terms - how a seller ships is on him, not me.  I’m not going to pick up USPS Hall Monitor as a hobby.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Re: Near Impossible To Compete With Gaming Resellers Who Illegally Abuse USPS Media Mail

So when you buy them you knowingly support the misuse of Media Mail? Interesting ... hate to hear that from a fellow Buckeye. What other shady things do you support?

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

@baangell wrote:

I know Ebay could easily block this action, at least for those who use their shipping labels.

They could and I wish they would. eBay has placed a lot of category restrictions on MM labels, yet they still allow MM for video games despite games not being eligible no matter the format.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

So when you buy them you knowingly support the misuse of Media Mail? Interesting ... hate to hear that from a fellow Buckeye. What other shady things do you support?

1) free online streaming

2) unregulated sports betting

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

"Unless they like being fined thousands of dollars and permanently banned from the postal service."
" in severe cases they will ban sellers from using USPS at all"

Do you have a citation to back this claim up? How, exactly, would the USPS ever possibly ban someone for life from using the postal system? I'm pretty sure they do not scan every piece of mail that goes into a blue box or a package drop and cross-reference a nation-wide database of names they have determined to be media mail abusers..... and not every piece of mail even has a person's name as the sender.....

Message 35 of 35
latest reply