cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW ADAYS, how do you get in touch with eBay Seller Support?

I have a phone number that I periodically used over these past 10-15 years, but now all I get is a (swear word) recording that despite what help information you provide, it directs you to a website.  Using the help process offered at the bottom of my hub, only got me directed to someone overseas......who tried to understand the problem, but as it turns out didn't (I just tested it).

THE PROBLEM:  I am listing my LP vinyl HOARD!  And I have been scanning both the front and rear of the cover for posting within my item.  The rear almost always lists the individual titles and artists.  STUPIDLY I thought that backside posting would help a perspective Buyer locate a title and/or artist they are searching for.  I have recently told it won't.  So I started TYPING all that information down within my Item Descriptions.  My question to eBay Support WOULD HAVE BEEN:  Now that I am typing within my Item Description, will the eBay SOFTWARE find the song/artist that the Buyer is searching for?  Overseas 'support' said it would.... like I said above, my three tests just proved that it won't.  Any help out there?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: NOW ADAYS, how do you get in touch with eBay Seller Support?

It should -

I looked at your listings and I would not start with Various Artists in the title. No one searches by VARIOUS ARTISTS -

I would also remove the (  ) around stuff in the title  -

All CAPs doesnt make the title stick out and doesnt help in your search.

I would start the listing with the LP title. Then add top artists or songs as you can fit.

Good luck!

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The eBay search box will return search results based on:
a) the 80 character limit of words within the title of the listing
b) the item specifics you entered (Brand, Manufacturer Part Number, Compatible Part Number)
That effectively extends a buyers search beyond the 80 character limit. A slick feature.
You could add these Item Specifics to make the song titles appear in search results from the simple search box.
Song 1 Love Me Tender
Song 2 Blue Suede Shoes
Song 3 Can't Help Falling in Love

In order to search the content of the description:
1) a buyer must use the ADVANCED search screen.
2) they must click the box for Search Including Title and Description
The word ADVANCED (search) appears in the upper right corner of many screens under the notification bell on the desktop version of the software.

The song titles and artists that you input into your description should eventually appear higher and higher within the results of outside search engines such as Google, Bing, etc.

I had listed 40 cordless phone replacement batteries. I had just tons of competing sellers. Each battery had a different size, shape, connector and voltage. They are NOT interchangeable. My listings sold more and faster than all of the other sellers because I included the Brands and Model Numbers of the phones each battery was compatible with in the description. Including that information enabled the buyers to find my listings either by Advanced Search or else non eBay Impressions from search engines.

Companies spend a lot of money hiring people with marketing degrees who decide what text appears on a package. Entering ALL of the relevant text from the package into your description:
a) reduces the number of questions you receive from buyers in the eBay Message Center
b) discourages buyers from looking at identical listings since you provided the information
c) gets you more views and impressions from the Advanced Search screen and outside search engines

The record company name and their catalog number of the disk should be deleted from your titles.
That stuff should appear in your item specifics.
That info would appear in search results using the simple search box.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH ALL CAPS IN THE TITLE?
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/WHAT-S-THE-PROBLEM-WITH-ALL-CAPS-IN-THE-TITLE/td-p/31210089/ju...
New federal guidelines require state and local communities to change street signs from all capital letters to upper and lower case letters...

Road signs had previously used upper case exclusively but it was realized that using both upper and lower case was much more effective in aiding word recognition. This is because most of what we read day to day is in mixed case and our brains are more familiar with the word shapes. When you read a word you’re not actually reading every letter; your brain is tuning in to the overall shape of the word and recognizing it. This happens much faster with lower case and the end result is a highly effective and user friendly wayfinding system.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!  I will START  doing that now.  My previous search reflected that I have approximately 246 VARIOUS ARTISTS listings.....of those, I guess I have made the above updates to only around twenty of them.  (Takes too much time.)  So I will now continue with that process; AND your suggested change to my titles.  I 'hate to ask', but do you agree that listing the titles/artists down in my Item Description section DOES NOT  help the eBay software when it comes to a Buyer's search?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

WOW!  Super great input!  THANKS so much.  As I just posted, I have approximately 246 of these VARIOUS ARTISTS LPs/Box Sets listed....with another several hundred 'patiently' waiting to to be listed....so I will make 

your suggested changes when I go back and make the other suggested changes.  THANKS AGAIN!  Jim

Message 5 of 5
latest reply