cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Sold Page ... Latest Glitch ...

Just checked a view sales and some auctions ended ... used the New Sold page, click Send Invoice ... errrnt, the Send invoice button will not update  ... did it a 2nd time ... errnt, same result.  Checked down in the classic My eBay Sold section and sure enough, the Send Invoice button is gone and the sale is Awaiting Payment. 

The New Sold page will not update

Gee, another "Not ready for Prime Time" page design ... can not wait for Managed Payments ...

Screenshot (1470).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: NEW Sold Page ... Latest Glitch ...

I wonder how they decide who lucks out and gets the new page?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
I wonder how they decide who lucks out and gets the new page?

Oh, you don't know?  Those who post negative comments about Poor page layouts, GTC mandate, Mangled Payments, etc.   Lately I seem to be doing a lot of that ... BUT, I do give credit where credit is due ... but not much to report lately ...

Regards,
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

LOL, I don't think it's that.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure   I think it may be account age related to be honest.  The oldest account here usually gets shoved into this stuff first, then the others follow over time ... the Sold Page however has lagged on the other two accounts and I suspect it may be related to them working on getting the new GTC mandate in place in the next few weeks.  Once that is done the other less critical roll outs will continue.  The main selling ID here goes back to 2007 whereas the others are less then 3 years old ...

Eventually everyone will be stuck with all the changes ...

Regards,
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Update:  almost 12 hours later and the New Sold page is still showing "Send invoice" button ...

Regards,
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

today is the 1st day I got this very bad sold page. DO NOT like this at ALL

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Update:  almost 12 hours later and the New Sold page is still showing "Send invoice" button ...

Since you have mentioned before that you also use the seller hub, this might be a good time to use the seller hub for these tasks until you can get these issues you are having reported and documented that they recognize the issue and are working on it.

It just is not healthy to be mad all the time when you have other options?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @mr_lincoln, the screenshot you provided does state "Waiting for payment" for that item. It also shoes the seller "Paid", "Shipped", and "Delivered". The options in the drop-down menu will display the options available to the seller. Since there are times when sellers will need to send a revised invoice after they've already sent an invoice, the option to send an invoice will remain until the buyer has made payment.

What you are describing in your post is not a site issue, but instead is a change in design. The same information is still available, it's just in a different spot. I've highlighted that information in your screenshot below:

Sold Page.JPG

Brian,
Community Team
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

brian@ebay   wrote: 

the screenshot you provided does state "Waiting for payment" for that item. It also shoes the seller "Paid", "Shipped", and "Delivered". The options in the drop-down menu will display the options available to the seller. Since there are times when sellers will need to send a revised invoice after they've already sent an invoice, the option to send an invoice will remain until the buyer has made payment.

What you are describing in your post is not a site issue, but instead is a change in design. The same information is still available, it's just in a different spot. I've highlighted that information in your screenshot below:

Good afternoon Brian ... it's misleading, the first time it did NOT change after click the Send Invoice I was processing a lot of orders and actually click Send Invoice a 2nd time ... not sure if that Buyer got TWO invoices or not.  The "Shipped" message is wrong too, it only means a Label was printed NOT shipped.  On weekends I print labels Sunday evenings and yes, it changes to "Shipped" which is not true, Post Office is closed Sunday nights.

Once the Send Invoice has been clicked it should change to something else LIKE the old page does, see the pic below which compares the old working page and the new NON working page.

Sorry but your explanation is really trying to justify a deficiency on the new format and it doesn't sound like anyone there is willing to admit that ... what information is there is NOT accurate.  I mean really, if I click Send invoice why should it still show Send invoice 24 hours later?  Its actually past that now because that Buyer still has not paid but the button still shows "Send Invoice".  Yes, it also now says Awaiting Payment but that's way over on the left and should be where the Send Invoice button is ...

Screenshot (1484).png

Regards,
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

brian@ebay   wrote: 

the screenshot you provided does state "Waiting for payment" for that item. It also shoes the seller "Paid", "Shipped", and "Delivered". The options in the drop-down menu will display the options available to the seller. Since there are times when sellers will need to send a revised invoice after they've already sent an invoice, the option to send an invoice will remain until the buyer has made payment.

Good afternoon Brian ... it's misleading, the first time it did NOT change after click the Send Invoice I was processing a lot of orders and actually click Send Invoice a 2nd time ... not sure if that Buyer got TWO invoices or not.  The "Shipped" message is wrong too, it only means a Label was printed NOT shipped.  On weekends I print labels Sunday evenings and yes, it changes to "Shipped" which is not true, Post Office is closed Sunday nights.

Once the Send Invoice has been clicked it should change to something else LIKE the old page does, see the pic below which compares the old working page and the new NON working page.

Sorry but your explanation is really trying to justify a deficiency on the new format and it doesn't sound like anyone there is willing to admit that ... what information is there is NOT accurate.  I mean really, if I click Send invoice why should it still show Send invoice 24 hours later?  Its actually past that now because that Buyer still has not paid but the button still shows "Send Invoice".  Yes, it also now says Awaiting Payment but that's way over on the left and should be where the Send Invoice button is ...

Screenshot (1484).png

@mr_lincoln, one reason we don't want to display "Print Shipping Label" after an invoice is sent and prior to a buyer making payment is to avoid confusing new sellers. Some new / occasional sellers may think they need to print a label and ship the item out if that option is prominently displayed, even though payment has not been made. We do not want to give new sellers the impression that a label should be purchased and/or an item shipped prior to a buyer making payment. With this in mind, the print label option will not be displayed until after a buyer has paid. 

I can pass along the feedback that some sort of notation be left to inform the seller an invoice has already been sent.

I do want to point out that this sold page is intended for new and/or occasional sellers. This has greatly influenced the layout and design of this page (and other new sell pages not found in Seller Hub). We want these pages to have a clean, uncluttered look so that they are easy to read and understand for new and occasional sellers. For more advanced sellers, we strongly recommend the Seller Hub as it provides more information at a glance.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

brian@ebay  wrote:

one reason we don't want to display "Print Shipping Label" after an invoice is sent and prior to a buyer making payment is to avoid confusing new sellers. Some new / occasional sellers may think they need to print a label and ship the item out if that option is prominently displayed, even though payment has not been made. We do not want to give new sellers the impression that a label should be purchased and/or an item shipped prior to a buyer making payment. With this in mind, the print label option will not be displayed until after a buyer has paid. 

I can pass along the feedback that some sort of notation be left to inform the seller an invoice has already been sent.

I do want to point out that this sold page is intended for new and/or occasional sellers. This has greatly influenced the layout and design of this page (and other new sell pages not found in Seller Hub). We want these pages to have a clean, uncluttered look so that they are easy to read and understand for new and occasional sellers. For more advanced sellers, we strongly recommend the Seller Hub as it provides more information at a glance.

3. Next is the "Shipped" notation, THAT will confuse New or Occasional Sellers because eBay will NOT accept that displayed word the same as a Acceptance scan at the carrier which in fact is when an item is considered to have been "Shipped" ... just having that word show on the Sold page will NOT void a late shipping defect ... you know as well as I do that some new Sellers will say, "but the sold page said it was "Shipped" "... that's confusing, misleading and not accurate. 

Regarding Seller Hub, I do use it for some things but it too has issues, it is still slow, the layout is bland, it wastes space and is not as user friendly as the Classic My eBay pages.  I suggested adding colors to some formats, the eBay Team said great idea, passed it on and ... nothing ... ever ... happened ... which is about the same thing that happened with other good suggestions about the Hub.  It has great potential but still lacks in many areas.  The color scheme with the classic pages allows a quick glance where as Seller Hub does not ... 
Regards,
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

perfect response on your last post  Mr_lincoin . like your # 2 answer , Why should us the sellers that have been around for years have to deal with the new change. just give it to the new sellers.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

One more thing about the new SOLD page, It does show the name of the buyer, there full name not there user name, I keep a running tracking sheet on all sales until they are delivered . I put there user name not there full name & the tracking # was wright there not in a drop down.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Where did you see the option to use the classic sold page?
Message 15 of 17
latest reply