cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW FEATURE: Upload photos of item recieved to feedback profile! WOW!

Check out the picture.  I was leaving feedback for a seller and check this out.  It allows buyers to upload images of the item that they got from the seller, it says that eBay will be displaying them soon.

So does this mean that pictures of items are now going to be attached to sellers feedback profiles?

How does the selling community feel about this?

I'm interested in what they have to say.  I personally don't mind as a seller.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 21-39-37 Leave Feedback.png

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: NEW FEATURE: Upload photos of item recieved to feedback profile! WOW!

Just FYI for everyone on this thread - photos in feedback are now live and publicly viewable by other buyers and sellers.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Update-Feedback-Enhancements-now-Visible/m-p/34172644/highligh... 

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Those photos seem to be  only visible to the seller receiving the photo and the buyer posting it. Another responder posted that he received his first photo feedback but no one other than him can see it. 

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

@valueaddedresource 

Those photos seem to be  only visible to the seller receiving the photo and the buyer posting it. Another responder posted that he received his first photo feedback but no one other than him can see it. 

@ebooksdiva yes, when they first announced it in November that was the case - they said it was only viewable by the seller who received the feedback at that time but once the rollout was complete, they'd be expanding image feedback visibility to other buyers and sllers as well.

The link I posted is to a post made by the Seller News Team yesterday confirming that time has come and these images are now visible to other buyers and sellers.

Post from 12/18 - 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Update-Feedback-Enhancements-now-Visible/m-p/34172644/highligh...

Starting last month, eBay sellers have been able to preview images on their sold multi-quantity items feedback. With the success of the program thus far, we are starting to make those images available to buyers as well. We will continue to test images on feedback into 2024.

I was able to see an image left in feedback this morning without being either the buyer or seller, so I can confirm it is in fact publicly viewable now, though it appears to be only in the app at this time not desktop.

Screenshots here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-recently-received-my-first-picture-feedback/m-p/34173921/hig... 

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

Posting pictures in feedback serves no useful purpose that I can see. It’ll make the feedback page look busy. IMO. 
What’s to stop a creep from posting a vulgar image? 

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Posting pictures in feedback serves no useful purpose that I can see. It’ll make the feedback page look busy. IMO. 
What’s to stop a creep from posting a vulgar image? 

@ebooksdiva eBay says they will apply the same standards to feedback with images as regular feedback when it comes to what is allowed and that they will be using AI to make sure "inappropriate" images don't get posted...which I'm sure does not do much to alleviate seller concerns.

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

Oh boy, a photo of what I sold! If potential buyers want to see a photo they can click on the item number and see my photos. I usually post several.

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 52 of 52
latest reply