cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My unsold items on eBay’s sold list

I had an idea to go into “advanced search” then search for my keywords + “sold listings” in hopes of learning from more successful sellers.  My goal was to learn from their listings how I could improve my listings. 

Surprisingly, I found items I listed that had not sold.

Why would eBay include my unsold items in their sold items search results?  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lowvoltagetools

Did you manually end a Good Til Cancelled, Multi-Qty listing that had sales?

When you end a GTC MQ that had sale, eBay puts it in the "Sold" as of the date you ended it.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

wow. this isnt good.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@lowvoltagetools

When you end a GTC MQ that had sale, eBay puts it in the "Sold" as of the date you ended it.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Re: My unsold items on eBay’s sold list
in reply to 07-03-2018 06:10:07 AM

When you end a GTC MQ that had sale, eBay puts it in the "Sold" as of the date you ended it

>>> My Reply:  The torch  is / was a  Multi-Qty listing that expired.  I did not end it.   It ended / timed out.  I have since relisted it manually. I’m not seeing a option for “Good Til Cancleled” Plus Multi-Qty.  Maybe that is something limited to people with stores. 

Yes, I  have previously sold two torches on eBay, but none recently, and for sure not on June 30, 2018 as eBay is leading people to conclude.  

You could  be correct, this is just how it works, but based on this, I question how many of the other items in the sold results are like mine, not really sold.  Thank you for your guidance.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

That item shows as 1 of 2 sold via Best offer on 6/5/18, and then ended/relisted on 6/30 with a qty of 2 again.

Not sure why the 6/4 BO sale shows as 6/30 in your sold items, but everything indicates that it did sell.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply