cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My store is not appearing my products in some countries. Please help!

Hi everyone!

A few days ago my store displays the following message: 

" We are sold out, but here are some other stores you may be interested in"

I've been informed that in some countries like US , Canada etc my products are appearing normally , but countries like Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria etc can't see anything. 

I want to note that I do ship to these " blocked" countries. 

Does anyone know how to help me?  

Thank you!

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: My store is not appearing my products in some countries. Please help!

I went to one of your listings and changed my location to Greece. I saw a clearly specified ship cost of $7 to Greece. Then I went back to search view and refreshed the page with my location set to Greece. The number of listings went down from 31 to 0. When I changed my location back to the US your 31 listings came back up.

You need to contact customer service to report this as it appears to be a tech issue @greekcoins-gr . Feel free to use the text I wrote above to explain to CS how they can replicate the problem.

I got the same results and I tried several countries setting myself to a buyer  from that country. This is what I see. 

As a US buyer. 34 Items

dbfolks166mt_0-1710439679689.png

As a Greece Buyer 0 Items

dbfolks166mt_1-1710439753317.png

As a Bulgarian buyer 0 Items

dbfolks166mt_2-1710439850125.png

As a German buyer, 34 items

dbfolks166mt_3-1710439983694.png

As a UK buyer 34 Items

dbfolks166mt_4-1710440082768.png

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

As the poster in Greece mentioned, although they specify world wide shipping and their listings are set up properly with a shipping cost etc., their listings are invisible  to certain countries in Europe such as Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovenia and  Slovakia. I didn’t check them all so there might be more but many of them such as the UK, Turkey and Italy are working fine.

Is this a known site issue?

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

kyle@ebay 

As the poster in Greece mentioned, although they specify world wide shipping and their listings are set up properly with a shipping cost etc., their listings are invisible  to certain countries in Europe such as Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovenia and  Slovakia. I didn’t check them all so there might be more but many of them such as the UK, Turkey and Italy are working fine.

Hey @pjcdn2005 I don't see any known issues or sitewide tickets relating to anything quite like this.  I would assume that @toysaver is likely on the right track with their post earlier in the thread.  But with the inconsistent results everyone in this thread seems to be getting, I would recommend contacting CS to initiate a report.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 18 of 38
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

kyle@ebay 

Hey @pjcdn2005 I don't see any known issues or sitewide tickets relating to anything quite like this.  I would assume that @toysaver is likely on the right track with their post earlier in the thread.  But with the inconsistent results everyone in this thread seems to be getting, I would recommend contacting CS to initiate a report.

Thank you for replying Kyle though I don't any inconsistent results. @dbfolks166mt and @wastingtime101 iare seeing the same thing that I'm seeing. ebooksdiva is only seeing the op's listings as they are looking at them with a US location.  The op's lisiings are visible here and in many countries but they are not visible in some European countries.

@toysaver suggested that their listings couldn't be seen because of import issues. I don't think that is the cause as I haven't seen eBay do that for non EIS listings. Plus, the op sells coins and banknotes.  If I put my location as Greece 1000's of listings for those items come up but for some reason his do not.  I see sellers from all over the world selling the same items as him. In fact even though I have my location set to Greece I see other sellers in Greece selling the same thing so I'm not sure what to think.  Perhaps customer service can help him but I suspect that unless a lot of people complain about the same thing, it won't be a priority. 

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

Countries that do not allow certain products to be sent through the mail will not have those items appear as available for purchase.  EBay does not dangle carrots.  Check the countries that you have issues with and it maybe they don't allow currency and coins to be shipped in through the mail or have a specific process you aren't following.  

Individual Country Listings | Postal Explorer (usps.com)

Bulgaria | Postal Explorer (usps.com)

Cyprus | Postal Explorer (usps.com)

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

Country Conditions for Mailing - Greece (usps.com)

"Banknotes, currency notes; and securities payable to bearer may only be sent in registered letter-post shipments."

Even within your own country of Greece there are issues.  Your shipping is listed as Standard International Shipping but what is required for your product is a different higher class.  Change your shipping to what is required and see if that fixes it, it may take a day or two.  

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

I still believe that eBay does not stop a seller from shipping to another country based on the import laws of each country. It's unlikely that they have the capability to do that for each seller for each center.  The EIS does block shipping certain items but that is not necessarily because it is illegal to import those items.  They tend to err on the side of caution.  Plus, other Greek coin sellers would have the same problem as the op and when I view their listings with a Greek location, I see their listings.

The majority of coin sellers seem to ship directly but I did see the UK's GSP and the EIS shipping coins and banknotes to Greece, Cyprus, etc.  If EIS is willing to ship it, I doubt that they are going to block sellers selling directly even if they had the capability.

Standard International Shipping is a generic service that could be any service so their shipping service is not the problem as it is an unknown.  Plus, the rules that you mentioned are for spending items to Greece via the USPS  and the op wouldn't be using USPS.  Many of those rules on the USPS are for their benefit and many haven't been updated since I've been selling.

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

Hello everyone! 

Thank you for your interest!

I contacted customer service on Friday , March 15th, and they informed me that they would look into it urgently. 

Unfortunately , the issue has not been resolved yet. I have never encountered a similar problem before , so I am unsure of the resolution time. 

It is worth noting that in the past, these countries that are currently blocked have participated in my auctions and shipments have been made without any issues. 

I can't understand what has happened. 

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

I have same issue. I got a question from former buyer - do I have second account as on the current there is nothing. I made a quick check and found that my shop is completely visible from countries like US, GB, Germany, France, Norway and completely invisible from others like Lithuania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Romania... I mean if I choose Ship to US - all fine, Ship to Latvia  (my shop location) there is nothing. More over I don't know where to find a customer support number to call or send a message

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

Hi, 

I also checked your store from Greece, and it shows that it is " sold out......."

Unfortunately , afres contacting customer service three time and being told that they would look into it, there has been no change until today!

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

A member told me the following: 

If you'd like to contact customer service you will have to go through the chat option on the help page since you're located in Greece. You'll have to work your way through the automatic replies until you get to a live person.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

You should try , mayde you'll be luckier than me!

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

Hello everyone! 

Thank you for your interest!

I contacted customer service on Friday , March 15th, and they informed me that they would look into it urgently. 

Unfortunately , the issue has not been resolved yet. I have never encountered a similar problem before , so I am unsure of the resolution time. 

It is worth noting that in the past, these countries that are currently blocked have participated in my auctions and shipments have been made without any issues. 

I can't understand what has happened. 

These days eBay customer service can be a black hole. A lot of times they will simply tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone. Did they by chance give you a problem ticket number that you can call back and reference? 

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

A member told me the following: 

If you'd like to contact customer service you will have to go through the chat option on the help page since you're located in Greece. You'll have to work your way through the automatic replies until you get to a live person.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

You should try , mayde you'll be luckier than me!

Make sure you get the CS rep's name and have them provide you with the a ticket number they are using to track the issue. I gives you something to reference if you have to call back. 

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

No, they didn't give me anything. 

All they told me is that the technical department is looking into it!!

I am upset and frustrated because there are several countries that cannot see my products. 

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

I do encounter the same issue with my listings.
They are not to be found by any of my friends or customers, multiple countries.
They need to access the individual links I provide them - this is becoming imgur 😄 
Customer support seems not to understand the great impact of this issue.

Eg with my shop. but it is getting worse. Today no items can be found

Ro-shop.jpgGE-shop.jpgBZ-shop.jpgBZ.jpgBG.jpg

Message 30 of 38
latest reply