cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sold listings are relisting themselves!?

I sell things and then they get relisted on ebay.  I have called them on this already and they said "it won't happen again" , but it keeps happening!

what the heck is going on????

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: My sold listings are relisting themselves!?

Go to your site preferences and disable the out of stock option.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If once you sell a listing that is GTC and you can sell see it active, either their is still a quantity available for purchase or you have your OOS [out of stock] setting checked off in your site preferences for inventory.  You can go and uncheck that box and this problem will resolve.  But know if there is a zero quantity, you are not at risk for making a sale you can't fill.

Now if you are having GTC listings renew that are sold out and they renew with a quantity available, that is a separate issue.

If you are having automatic relists of Auctions, that is a different issue as well.

So more details please.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I see many posting about this concern and it seems to be trending. 

I also see a couple of replies that might be correct to help to resolve this, but my question then is ... if you contacted eBay Customer Support, couldn't they see what was wrong?  What did they tell you was causing this?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

I see many posting about this concern and it seems to be trending. 

I also see a couple of replies that might be correct to help to resolve this, but my question then is ... if you contacted eBay Customer Support, couldn't they see what was wrong?  What did they tell you was causing this?

You are making that assumption with limited information.  The OP has not came back to the thread to answer a couple questions that would help to know in order to figure out what was going on with their listings.  This may be something as simple as they have a site setting checked that is causing the issue.

I support your right to post on these threads, but when you come up against seasoned sellers and you throw shade over something they have posted when you don't sell on the site nor are your intimate with these rules as you have never had the occasion to use them, that is an issue.  You need to understand that you may actually cause harm to another member by doing this.  Hopefully that matters!

Southern's advice was sound as was mine.  And my questions were appropriate and would give us more information to work with to help discover what was causing the problem the OP is having and stopping it.

@southern*sweet*tea 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yes, the OOS option checked off seems to be an issue in many of these relist posts.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Customer support might have a useful cure, but no one has heard it yet.

I've had reasonably good interactions with Customer Support, although that may be because I am a calm person and I know how to state my problem without extraneous detail.

But they are not very good at imaginative responses. They are mostly required to follow their scripts.

The relisting of Sold items has been a constant on eBay since I started selling here in 1998. And I have few negs to show for it.

And the problem goes back before the Out of Stock listings and even before Fixed Price listings.

It is a good idea to monitor listings fairly often by putting them in alphabetical order and skimming page by page for duplications. Boring, but you will find them.

The last time I did this was about a week ago and I found four duplications in about 1500 listings between all my accounts.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Yes, the OOS option checked off seems to be an issue in many of these relist posts.

If it's the OOS function I still have to wonder why the OPs don't notice that even though it's "active" there's zero qty?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

With all due respect - searching for duplicate listings doesn't help find a listed item that has already sold though.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I have out of stock disable and it is still happening to me.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@pink.fish.rule 

Yes. It's a preventative, not a cure.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Customer support might have a useful cure, but no one has heard it yet.

I've had reasonably good interactions with Customer Support, although that may be because I am a calm person and I know how to state my problem without extraneous detail.

But they are not very good at imaginative responses. They are mostly required to follow their scripts.

The relisting of Sold items has been a constant on eBay since I started selling here in 1998. And I have few negs to show for it.

And the problem goes back before the Out of Stock listings and even before Fixed Price listings.

It is a good idea to monitor listings fairly often by putting them in alphabetical order and skimming page by page for duplications. Boring, but you will find them.

The last time I did this was about a week ago and I found four duplications in about 1500 listings between all my accounts.

Wow, sorry you got negatives because of an eBay Technical Issue going all the way back to 1998!  

It only took them one day to resolve the "Thousands of Free Listings Promotion Glitch" this past week. Smiley Indifferent

Message 12 of 12
latest reply