cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My seller account permanently suspended no appeal?

Hi all.  I have been an Ebay user for I believe 24 years now.  I have never had a negative feedback.  Over the past two years I have barely used the site to sell and only purchased a few items.

I had listed an item months back and forgot it had listed.  It was purchased the day after Christmas.  I did not log on to notice the sale.  I tried to refund the buyer but Ebay would not allow me.  They wanted me to update my account with more personal info.  They did refund her the other day.  I got an email stating my selling account was permanently restricted with no hope.  It was permanent.  I don't get it?  Has anyone ever forgotten about a sale?  I don't use this site much at all but was this too harsh?  Can't someone make one error?  It does not sound right to me and they would not offer anythign via chat and when I spoke to someone on the phone I could barely understand what they were saying.  This is concerning.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: My seller account permanently suspended no appeal?

Don't beat yourself up over it. Mistakes happen and nobody's perfect. Sounds like you learned the lesson and that's important.

Use your other venues for selling and if eBay allows it, stick to buying on eBay.

If you haven't already, you can send an apology to the buyer.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

If you want to return to selling, you can NOT forget to check every day or two to see if an item sold or if a potential buyer has a question.    Why don't you contact Ebay on Facebook, explain what happened and ask if you can come back from this restriction/ suspension.  You will need to update your account. Ebay will ask for your social security number which is the law now for U.S. sellers who want to sell online on any platform in the USA. Have a valid ID.  You will need a bank account and ebay will have to verify that bank account.  

Hopefully you get reinstated.  If you do, take a few hours and read the many posts here about Managed Payments and new scams, etc. etc.  Alot has changed in the last few years.  As someone told you, Paypal is Ok for buyers.  They use Paypal to pay and Paypal sends the funds to Ebay and ebay takes their fees and the buyer's sales tax and sends the rest to the seller.   When a buyer pays, you do NOT know if they used Paypal or Apple Pay or a credit card.   The payment will say MANAGED PAYMENTS.

You will need to go to Facebook, write Ebay in the search and then hit MESSAGE (or it may say MESSENGER).   Then state your problem. The conversation will be private. None of your friends or family will know that you reached out to ebay.   The ebay staff will respond in a day or so and let you know.   You will NOT be giving them the social security number by the way.   They will direct you and you send it to ebay ONLY through the Ebay system.   Let us know how it goes.

If you do not know how to use Facebook, get your kid or niece/nephew to help you. The Ebay staff on Facebook is very knowledgeable.  Goodluck.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Call ebay support.  Its because you didn't update your info.  They wont tell you in emails.  You have to talk to someone and answer their questions, then they can reverse the suspension.  Its happened this way to others when ebay wants updated info and doesn'tget an immediate response from the seller.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@saksthriftave wrote:

I've been a user here for over 20 years.  But I would say over the past 5?  Sales drastically slowed.  I had the item sell on another avenue and since things have sat here in the past for 6+months with no activity I did not even think or remember listing it in the first place.  I don't log onto paypal much at all so that is how it occured.  In the past when I was a long active seller, I checked my account 10 plus times per day.  Mistakes happen.

You don't check your email either? You would have received an email from ebay saying, "Great news—your item has sold!" And it would have been followed by another email that said, "Good news, your item has been paid for." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Hello, I was also suspended during the pandemic I really slowed down selling Items I have great feedback but I did not see I had sold an item.  They refunded the buyer but I had only sold 9 items this year now 1 negative giving me a feedback score of 80 I have over 1660 pos feedback I tried to sell during the holidays they no I was suspended.  Very unfair is there anybody we could contact above the paygrade of these so called tech personal. thanks for reading this. D

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I am glad it's not just me and sorry that this happened to you also.  I use a different email with Ebay and my main email that I use now I created recently hence not getting notified via email about the sale.  I hope you get it sorted out as well.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

The main email I am using now I had not updated on Ebay.  I had not used this venue to sell in some time.  So no, unfortunately I did not get the email as I only check that one a few times a month.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@saksthriftave wrote:

Yikes apparently I am the first.  Or the dumbest perhaps both.  I am happy though that I am still alive - I guess that's good.

Yes, indeed that is good.

I think, as others have suggested, that your only hope to be reinstated is thru eBay for business on Facebook. 

Tell them your story, be complete but concise. I've never had to use them (thanks, God) but I know of others for whom they've been able to square things with the "home office" at eBay and fix whatever seemingly impossible  situation they'd got themselves in.

Not saying they can do something for your situation, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Good luck.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply