cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My listing does not show. New listing (listed last night)

I listed a lava lamp last night. It would be a new listing, right? I type in lava lamp and can't find it. I even put in the color and still can't find it. Why?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: My listing does not show. New listing (listed last night)

I see it when I view your listings.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

It can take up to 24 hours for a new listing to get indexed and show up in Search results.

From the eBay User Agreement:

Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances). eBay can't guarantee exact listing duration,..”

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I see two lava lamps... the latest listing being a 'white' one. No worries.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

When you revise a listing, it goes back to the end of the indexing queue.  Leave it alone and it will show up.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@bazinga2020 wrote:

I listed a lava lamp last night.

A little off-topic, I know, but you might want to consider re-shooting those illuminated photos with your camera's White Balance set for Tungsten instead of Automatic, because the incandescent bulb in the base of the Lava Lamp is making the wax look distinctly orange.

I can see that it's really white wax in the closeup of the base when it's off, but when it's photographed switched on, the tungsten effect of the lighting is completely throwing off the true color of the lamp. You don't want to get a Not As Described dispute from some doofus who bought on the basis of photos alone and didn't pay attention to color stated in the Title or Description (which can happen a lot on mobile devices). Good luck.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks !

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for checking!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thank you! I have a cheap camera. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@bazinga2020 wrote:

Thank you! I have a cheap camera. 

Understood, but I'm 99% sure that the setting is in the camera's menu for you to find. If you see anything abbreviated "AWB" or similar, that will be your White Balance setting, and the Tungsten option (to correct for incandescent lighting, which would be the heat-generating bulb in the base of the lamp) is usually symbolized by an outline of a standard light bulb. (There are usually one or two settings for fluorescent lighting as well, to correct for either Cool White or Soft White coloring, symbolized by a little tube logo.) If you can post the brand and model of your camera, we can probably be more specific.

This image of mine shows the incandescent bulb of a vintage bicycle light, as photographed by my Canon PowerShot A540 with its White Balance set for Tungsten light correction: 

s-l1600 (72).jpg

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Message 11 of 11
latest reply