cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Excluded Shipping Locations Were Changed

I was processing a couple small sells this morning and noticed that one is shipping to Hawaii 😲

I added Alaska and Hawaii to my excluded list back when they quit letting us add an upcharge.

I went and checked my listings and every one of them was open for shipping to Alaska and Hawaii.

Is this a glitch or did eBay make this change???

I can't afford to ship items to Alaska and Hawaii 2nd day air for $15.95 (that's the FedEx cost for 1 pound ground w/insurance).

I'm glad it's a small item and wasn't one that weighs 35 pounds and ships in 4 boxes.

I will go a head and ship it and eat the cost, but make sure you check your listings to see if any changes have been made in your listings.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@ittybitnot Yes, that's the list I use.  I did a bulk edit this morning adding Hawaii and Alaska back to the list of excluded shipping destinations. Everything else was ok.

I shipped the .40 oz package Priority mail using eBays shipping labels for the first time ever lol

I wanted to make sure it had tracking and insurance.

I figured since I state FedEx ground in my listings and it can't go ground to Hawaii, I would ship priority mail instead of paying $55 FedEx 2nd day air.  The priority mail was $14 and some change.....much better.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Earlier this week I had to completely re-do my country exclusion list.  Thank god I got a message from a buyer in Norway (which I ship to) wanting an item.  When I checked the list, Norway was excluded and a bunch of countries I absolutely won't ship to were open to shipping.  Not sure how it happened, but fixed it before anything bad happened.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You know how it happens.

ebay just changes what they want when they want with absolutely no respect for a seller's settings at all. Much the same way they ignore a seller's stated handling times.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 5
latest reply