cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi variation listing where the buyer MUST CHOOSE 3 items from dropdown list for 1 price

I am trying to create a multi variation listing for books by one author. I have one photo of the lot of books; I am not going to use individual photos for each book. My listing title is  LOT of 3- YOU CHOOSE 3- Stuart Woods- Stone Barrington series- Hardcovers. The price for 3 is $5.25 plus shipping (calculated). I am stuck in listing when I get to Attributes and Options. How do I set that up? What is the attribute and what is the options? How do I make it that when the buyer chooses 3 books he is not charged $5.25 per book? I really need help with this because I've wasted hours trying to figure it out. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Multi variation listing where the buyer MUST CHOOSE 3 items from dropdown list for 1 price

That's not how Variations are meant to work, and it doesn't support what you want to do. Sorry.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Multi variation listing where the buyer MUST CHOOSE 3 items from dropdown list for 1 price

When trying to do something novel, if you are going to waste hours trying consider listing something that has some value. There are lots of those books which have sold for $4 with free shipping. I am assuming those were sold by sellers who prize the environment and do not want to send them to the landfill or the pulper.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks very much. At least I know now.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

As said above @hiv801 that's not how variations are intended to work.

What you can do is set up individual listings then, if you subscribe to an eBay store, you can set up a Buy 3 Get 2 Free promotion. Only store subscribers can access promotions manager.

Without a store you can lot up the books into predetermined sets of 3 and list each set in its own listing.

Setting up a single listing depicting the lot and advising buyers to choose the 3 they want in the checkout notes violates eBay policies.

Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I get it now. Will now move to plan B so to speak. Thanks for the input!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

With Variations you can offer discounts based on the number of items purchased. Example buy two books get 30% off, buy three books get 50% off. There are limitations on how many discounts you may offer and to do this each item would have to be listed separately within the variation listing.

A group photo and choose the ones you want will not work and is not allowed.  If you could do a group photo after each sale you would have to edit out the ones that sold.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I agree that I wish there was a way to do this, but unfortunately not.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply