cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging not working?

Hello,

I have had 2 recent buyers message me through sending a note to seller when they purchase items. Both told me they tried to message me through contact seller on my listings to ask a question before buying but were unable to do so. So I tried to message myself through my partner's user ID and it did the same thing! What gives now? Are we losing sales because potential buyers cannot reach us? This may already have been addressed, but if you don't mind repeating yourselves I would appreciate some help with this. Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Messaging not working?

This is what I'm seeing

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

Pretty sure that means you've turned off the option to receive buyer messages.  Go to Manage buyer communications........and delve around in it....

https://www.ebay.com/cnt/ManageBuyerCommunication

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Messaging not working?

If either of you tried to send your email that message will not go through as well. Just a thought out there.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Messaging not working?

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

If either of you tried to send your email that message will not go through as well. Just a thought out there.

Not sure what you mean..........but I've gotten messages from buyers....before a sale.......and been able to answer them........

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Messaging not working?

Everyday there is a glitch or 10 on eBay, like a company I worked for, they fix one thing and break 3, then they go celebrate the success of that fix.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply