cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mein Kampf vs Mulberry Street

Riciculous hypocrisy of ALLOWING Mein Kampf to be listed, 13+ active listings, but remove Dr Seuss classic, ....Mulberry Street, for being "offensive"....for showing a guy using chopsticks. 

News Flash: ASIANS DO USE CHOPSTICKS....and so do many Americans, etc, when they eat Asian food. They give them to you.

Done with Ebay....the 13-15% "commission" is ridiculous, too. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Mein Kampf vs Mulberry Street

Mein Kampf teaches us about power dynamics and that's a critical feature this new religion.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Actually, "Mein Kampf" is, in my opinion, a poorly written and boring book.  Unfortunately for the German people of that era, required reading by the regime in power at the time.  Personally, I think that if read by people of reasonable intelligence, it shows the fanatical rantings going on in the mind of its author.

Alas!  In today's world, there are many that search for and find offense in things where none was intended by the person saying or doing the original thing.  Of course, many today that take such offense think nothing of saying or doing things that others may find offensive.  It appears that we live in a time populated thin skinned people that only care about what they think people should say or think about and not embrace the true nature of diversity. 

Alas!  There are many that appear to be willing to bow down to this way of thinking rather than think for themselves.  I wonder if perhaps we aren't making the same mistakes that the German People made in the 1930's.  Time will tell, I suppose.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You're about two weeks to late to the bandwagon, it drove off and left you to stew over Pepi LePew

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

oh so true. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Mein Kampf  has been a BANNED BOOK on eBay for being Offensive  Material for many, many years.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Dear ebay

I do not wish to eat food with chop sticks, & avoid places that force their use.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Dr Seuss

I am not offended by a book showing someone eating with chopsticks

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Dr Seuss

I am not offended by a book showing someone eating with chopsticks

@ed8108

The person who posted that comment was not being 100% honest about the reason Dr. Seuss Enterprises decided to stop publishing the book.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Write to the Dr Seuss Foundation if you don't agree with their decision.  eBay is just a corporation that answers to shareholders.  The Foundation are the ones administering their private property.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

The management team at Ebay is the proper contact for this situation. They are responsible for the policy and enforcement causing this situation.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@rdbobcat

You joined the Community with this member id on March 4, 2021. Since then, every single comment you've posted has been regarding the removal of Dr. Seuss books. 100%. Your posts make references to Mein Kampf, gulags, Joseph Stalin, and the Stasi. One more, and I think you'll have hit the maximum allowed by social convention regarding the number of Nazi references acceptable on a given topic. I've never seen reductio ad Hitlerum applied so excessively.

Makes one wonder why you are participating in this Community in the first place. What's your agenda, exactly? Who sent you? While the rest of us are off on other threads and other boards trying to answer questions from members about shipping their items, processing returns, and learning about Managed Payments, the one and only contribution you've made is to perpetuate your crusade.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

azh-71
Thrill-Seeker

There's no hypocrisy here.  People who propagate cancel culture and the author of MK are both to the left of the far left.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@pburn 

Have you ever agreed to do to a job, shook someone's hand and finished the job it even if it cost you money, the ability to feed your kids?

I've been on Ebay for over two decades and the basis for this platform, honesty from individual sellers has been the rule and not the exception. 

My agenda is to preserve that.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@rdbobcat

I think you've replied to the wrong member. Your comments have nothing to do with anything I've posted.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply