cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Market Terms Change - Simple explanation Please!

In simple terms, what is the basic change here in the new marketing terms?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Market Terms Change - Simple explanation Please!

What new marketing terms? Can you be more specific?  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What new marketing terms are you referring to? I don't know of any. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This has been popping up in seller hub again

eBay Marketing Program Terms | eBay.com

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Right!  What are the changes?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The new marketing terms went into effect on March 19th and I read the document and couldn't really make heads or tales of it, but my sales velocity has completely changed.  Less sales and less offers - yet according to ebay analytics my impressions have actually gone UP which makes absolutely no sense to me.   If I look at my weekly bar graph, it's a pretty consistent up and down for every day leading up to Monday March 18th, then sales completely crater on March 19th (ONE sale - haven't a single sale day in a very very long time, I usually sell 5-10 daily without fail) and after that day,  they never really recover.  The graph is pretty clear that whatever went into effect is having a negative impact on my sales.  But then again that's my personal experience and I'm N=1 a very small sample size.

You can read the whole thing yourself and see what you think.  But I am afraid ultimately the subtext is "Promote or perish"

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@4meca wrote:

In simple terms, what is the basic change here in the new marketing terms?

See - THIS is exactly why so many members get themselves in trouble. Instead of taking the time to thoroughly read, comprehend and interpret the detail announcements, you want someone to toss you an abbreviated synopsis. Unfortunately, you have no way of knowing if the respondent has an ax to grind or, worse, doesn't really understand it themselves.

Do yourself a favor - take the time to read the announcement, have a note pad handy, ask yourself repeatedly "how, if at all, does this affect me?". If it is to your advantage, flag it. If not, find a legal way to work around it. Digest it. Pretend you are cramming for your final graduation exams.

Trust me, it will make you a better seller, eliminate problems caused by a lack of knowledge, and maybe even make you more profitable.

I can't speak for everyone, but I suspect I am not the only one getting tired of posts "When did eBay start...", "Why am I being charged....", "Why are my FVFs....", - well you know the ones.

Something about that fish comes to mind.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply