cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments

Does everyone know that you have 30 days to opt out of the arbitration agreement once you sign up for managed payments with the new managed payments.  I would not mind the managed payments except this being so close after the pandemic we are so cash flow sensitive. It is a fact that eBay takes two days to pay and paypal is instant  managed payments not a good deal for my business right now.  How can eBay ask us to have more hardships at this point after 15 years still no one is home.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Managed Payments

Manged payments does not float the payment like PP did.

Do not blame them at all for being the way they are about it.

I am on MP and can still make a buck using it.. That is the bottom line..

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

PayPal is stopping that perk in August...You should have or should receive an email telling You about it.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

My mistake it will end within the next 60 days...

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Their rates are also going up for a bunch of their products. 

That free loan was nice...until they reversed the payment over a dispute, and you already cleared out your PP account.  I learnt my lesson on that one.

@cobblestone-glass-and-porcelain  Once you get a rhythm going with the disbursals (you can go with daily, which actually should be 'business day daily'), you'll have a regular flow coming in.  A perk is not getting hit with a big fees bill at the end of the month.  It's just getting used to it.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

"I would not mind the managed payments except this being so close after the pandemic we are so cash flow sensitive."

Looks like you sell in the hundreds many days and did over $2000 yesterday... I wish I had that kind of cash flow problem.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

(PayPal is stopping that perk in August...You should have or should receive an email telling You about it.)

(My mistake it will end within the next 60 days...)

That's not true.

There will not be any change to the way a seller gets paid on PayPal.

They are ending Funds Now.

Most sellers never qualified for funds Now anyways but the ones that did got

extra protections on payment Holds if a buyer opened a case on eBay and

eBay told PayPal to put the funds on hold PayPal would not do it for eBay and

they would trust the seller to take care of there buyers. As long as you did there

would be no holds in your funds.

With or without Funds Now sellers still git the money fronted to them.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@cobblestone-glass-and-porcelain wrote:

Does everyone know that you have 30 days to opt out of the arbitration agreement once you sign up for managed payments with the new managed payments.

There are millions and millions of sellers on eBay, and many of them have not read the user agreement. Some of them don't even know what fees they are paying.

So I think it would be a safe bet that not everyone is aware of the arbitration opt-out clause.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I stand corrected...😱

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Does everyone know that you have 30 days to opt out of the arbitration agreement once you sign up for managed payments with the new managed payments.  I would not mind the managed payments except this being so close after the pandemic we are so cash flow sensitive. It is a fact that eBay takes two days to pay and paypal is instant  managed payments not a good deal for my business right now.  How can eBay ask us to have more hardships at this point after 15 years still no one is home.

MP for us has not really been much of an adjustment past the first 2 weeks.

If you are struggling currently with cash flow issues, MP is not going to make that better or worse.  Your business plan needs tweaking and fast - evidently your cost basis is way too high or there are other business related issues creating your equity and working capital woes.

Sorry - might sound harsh, but MP is not the problem.  If going even a few days without ACH payouts into your coffers is/will cause financial distress, your issues have nothing to do with Paypal vs MP.  If anything, Paypal is/was masking the problem(s) you need to tackle and fast.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@kus1617 

It's an easy mistake to make because of the wording (Funds Now).

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

Does everyone know that you have 30 days to opt out of the arbitration agreement once you sign up for managed payments with the new managed payments.

There are millions and millions of sellers on eBay, and many of them have not read the user agreement. Some of them don't even know what fees they are paying.

So I think it would be a safe bet that not everyone is aware of the arbitration opt-out clause.

Some don't even know why their payments are no longer going to Pay Pal after signing up for MP.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

the one thing that I find kinda strange is that they say that "if You sell on eBay, keep your Detailed Seller Ratings(DSR) as high as possible"....Why would they be concerned with Our DSR???

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

That's the way eBay likes their sellers nice and dumb. Don't ask questions and we won't lie to you in the answers.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Prior to the pandemic we were doing close to $2000 everyday. We had 12 people working now we have 4 working. When you are selling Antiques and collectibles cash flow is so important. The Managed payments is just one more problem out of many that we need to solve. We are starting to get back to ware we were and to be forced to make internal changes right now is very uncomfortable. eBay should have someone higher up that we can talk with. A guy that makes $18 an hour and has been with eBay for three years is telling me how my business is going to go. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply