cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Changes to a Relisting

I am auctioning a vehicle on eBay Motors and have set a Reserve Price. If the reserve price is not met, I would like to relist the auction with as a Buy It Now or Best Offer. I also want to change the listing description and also substitute the current photos with all new photos. If my current auction does not meet reserve, can I select RELIST auction and then make Description and Photo changes to the new listing? Or do I have to create a new Buy It Now listing, which would not show up on the old auction page as being relisted? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Making Changes to a Relisting

Best to relist using Sell Similar and you can make all those changes to the new listing.  The listing will also show as a NEW listing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Best to relist using Sell Similar and you can make all those changes to the new listing.  The listing will also show as a NEW listing.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Just so you are aware. Every listing you post on eBay Motors will be charged a fee that is non refundable. Regardless if the car sells or not. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I know this fact. I just want to make sure that if I select Relist button so the old auction will link to the new listing, I can still make changes to the photos and the description text in the relisting.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I know you can select to relist a buy it now as an auction but don't think you can do it the other way around.

You would have to choose sell similar and then change the format from auction to Buy it now.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Did you know that, once you've listed with a Reserve, you will be paying that extra fee for the Reserve listing, whether or not the item sells? 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

eBay Motors auction listing for Vehicles have a higher price but come with a no extra fee Reserve option. But my question involves wanting to relist my car with a Buy It Now or Best Offer. It sounds like I will need to use Sell Similar and then make the changes I want to the listing and accept the fact that I will lose the link in the original auction listing stating "The seller has relisted this item". 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply