cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MZ WALLACE STRAP SWITCHEROO BY BUYER

Hello, the buyer for my MZWallace Chelsea switched the crossbody shoulder strap.  I had taken photos of the bag and shoulder strap of course, included in the listing.  First the buyer got me down in price and  it was a free ship listing.  Then the buyer emailed me that she wanted to return because it was "creased" and had "dirt in spots"  I asked her for the photos of both she didn't send any.  Then she said the main reason was the strap was not an MZ Wallace and the hardwared didn't match. That she sent photos of.    I accepted the return anyway as am familiar with pests like this and wanted to get rid of her.   When I received the bag back, it was obviously a switheroo.  The shoulder strap that was sent back was obviously nothing I had seen before.  Cheap and flimsy.  It is worth noting that the shoulder straps for the MZ Wallaces are hard to come by, sometimes MZ will have some to purchase, most of the time  not.  The bag also had no creases and no dirt.  This bag was worn a total of 2 times and was in mint condition.   The buyer had nothing to lose, free shipping both ways, only pd $99 total for the bag.  I learned a lesson, I relisted and changed my listing to no returns accepted and would highly recommend all sellers do the same for in -demand items.  I also was able to purchase a new strap frm MZ for $28 total including shipping. Seller beware!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

@susankarami

But, no returns does not trump ebay's Money Back Guarantee. Regardless of your return policy, if a buyer files an item not as described case, you will be refunding since buyers win 99.9% of INAD cases.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

This is true.  Item may be as described but the buyer may state that it is not.

Sorry this happened to you, OP.  

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

No returns is for remorse only.

When a buyer files SNAD ebay's return policy trumps yours.  And in this case you still would have had to accept the return.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

SUSAN..

What a horror story!!!Smiley Mad  This immomoral person  atole from  you in  three different ways.   First by sending back  this  expensive  bag  WITHOUT the original  strap.  Which you then  had  to  replace  with your own  money.   And  you  got  stuck having to  give her a  full  return---for only half an  item.   But to make this really a  nightmare---you had  to  cooperate in  this horrible MBG  program---which is  a complete  rip-off  for all  sellers.  You had  to GIVE her money  for S&H to  return this  item  (actually only PART of  the  item.)  to  you.

Even though I am strictly a  Buyer---I very much hate  it  when E bay is abusive  to  sellers.     And  that MBG   program is   the  worst thing  that  Ebay  has  ever  done  to sellers.   

I am so  sorry this happened to you.  Smiley Surprisedsmileysad:Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I hope you reported the buyer as well.  If this is a habit of hers, and everyone else is reporting the same, she'll be on eBay radar.  It take a lot, but buyers have been kicked out of the MBG 

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

wrote:

@susankarami

But, no returns does not trump ebay's Money Back Guarantee. Regardless of your return policy, if a buyer files an item not as described case, you will be refunding since buyers win 99.9% of INAD cases.

eh, I must be special.  I've won 100% of the cases I decided to challenge.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Yes unfortunately.  But hopefully it will dissuade some.  

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

What a wonderful buyer! I wish all had the same morals as you! I am a buyer also and would never think of doing this o anyone! Thank you!
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Thank you. Luckily it wasn't a Gucci or expensive designer bag strap.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Yes I guess if someone has a vicious plot like that, they will go to any lengths to fulfill their scam.
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I checked her FB. They are all positive (all 20) from sellers. I am assuming if she pulled something like this with another seller they would not leave negative feedback in fear of her retaliating with negative feedback. She has not left negative FB for anyone so I'nm holding tight for now. Don't you hate it?
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Thats amazing!! How in the world....? In my case it would be my word against hers, even though I have over 1000 FB compared to her 20 and 100% I may add. I have pics of the strap in the original listing and I can take a pic of the one she sent back. I just may....
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Thank you everyone!  WOW, I posted my complaint because I was mad. You guys help me feel better.  I see this thread got 183 views already!  I'm psyched!  Thank you, this is the first time something like that happened to me.  

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Buyers can ONLY get positive feedback (with positive wording) from sellers. It's been that way for almost 10 years.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply