Did you mean: 

Low sales day prediction

I predict low sales on July 15 and 16.

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Re: Low sales day prediction

@fuzzface50 wrote:

I  predict I will spend $0 on July 15 and 16 during prime days at amazon and most likely  $0 here also  because ebay is already predicting a crash for that day. 

Haaaaaa.

Message 16 of 84
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@tunicaslot 

I have to disagree. The older verbiage and way of talking is outdated. Ebay needs the younger generation to use current verbiage that younger people can relate to. You may think it is childish but the younger folks would most likely disagree with you.

"Ratchet Yolo GOAT Twerking Farm to Table eBay sale"

Message 17 of 84
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I predict low sales on July 15 and 16.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I predict low sales on July 15, 2019 thru July 16. 2050.

Message 18 of 84
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

I don't think we can blame Ebay for the postal increase - but they did have influence in the e-packet deal which went south for the PO and may be why they raised rates so high. I've always felt that instead of pushing free shipping - Ebay should have followed other venues with flat rate deals obtained for shipping through the PO. Posh for years charged a buyer a flat rate and the buyer's paid it. It wasn't until recently that I've seen the push on other venues for free shipping - which we all know isn't free.

I don't think Ebay wants to get rid of small sellers - but they also aren't doing anything to promote us. Yes we will know a head of time what items they will be promoting in July - but if you're a small seller - I'm worried about how much visibility you'll get next to the bigger guy.

Ebay has had a couple of good ads about this being the place to find everything - but they really haven't promoted the site enough - especially with all the competition. I'm hoping managed payments will open the door to a variety of new buyers who just didn't like Paypal - but at the same time - I'm concerned because of all the glitches and the fact that unless you're invited into the program - no information is being given out or questions answered. I like to know what I'm getting into. I don't like being thrown into situations and then finding out it's not for me. The more information I have the more prepared I am to deal with the good and the bad.

In order for things to sell there needs to be buyers and that means lots of qualified traffic driven to the site. That's not happening. Ebay either does not have the first clue how to do this or simply doesn't care to, or can't be bothered or whatever but it isn't happening.

if it was, ebay wouldn't be spending money on over 400 million AI Bot hits per month to make the site look busy! There is 0 benefit to doing that other than optics. 400 million is also only the tip of the iceberg likely as that is the number that is easily discernible from the traffic stats/characteristics.  The clods that are running the bot farms are very likely charging extra for origin obfuscation and ebay was too cheap to pop for it on all of the traffic. I have no trouble believing that the powers that be think we are all so stupid that none of us has any clue  about this.

look at your own traffic stats and the difference between off-site incoming traffic from say 2015/2016 and now. Many, many sellers are seing traffic numbers over a couple of months that they used to have in a single day!

For all the harping and harping ebay did about structured data they don't seem to employ anyone that has the first clue what it is or how to implement it. it's also not an area that can be left static as Google is forever changing the rules and the required tactics to drive traffic are always evolving.

Ahhhh Google, a big, the biggest thing, at the center of this. Ebay thinks they don't need Google. Google literally doesn't care because they sure don't need Ebay, lol...And around we go, and around we go...Only gets fixed if ebay gets on its knees and begs and starts coughing up the money that anyone else has to pay but that ebay seems to think they are too special or privileged to pay? Never understood that other than possibly being driven by someone's ego. Someone pretty clueless with a far too high opinion of himself that is purely fictitious!

so I listen to people talking about tv ads, this that and the other and I suppose if it's good conversation and you enjoy it hey, have at it, but in so far as whether or not you are going to make money on ebay it is worthless discussion, it literally means nothing. It's like talking about racing your sailboat on the weekend but your boat trailer has 3 flat tires and a busted hitch! You can't even get the boat to the water so no matter how much you postulate about racing, you're not getting to the starting line so.....

Ebay is broken, there is no one at ebay that knows how to do anything toward repairing it and no one driving anyone to do it. Look at the sales figures, not the totals, the items and the dollar value for the items. When you see that the highest % of sold items are in a dollar range that is pathetically low, explain how anyone is making any actual money beyond people that find it fulfilling selling Chinese junk or drop shipping junk or whatever but when categories like Shoes shows the biggest % of sales under $50, a big chunk under $35, you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure out there's no money being made despite whatever yarn your favorite YouTube cheerleader spins for you. Those stats hold for pretty much every category. There is no way to spin that as anything successful or anything other than a giant FAIL.

When you know what you are looking at there is nothing mysterious here, nothing that can't be explained, other than why ebay isn't doing anything to turn this around. Believe me or not, what do I care ,but ebay is doing NOTHING to turn this around!

Message 19 of 84
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@tunicaslot 

I have to disagree. The older verbiage and way of talking is outdated. Ebay needs the younger generation to use current verbiage that younger people can relate to. You may think it is childish but the younger folks would most likely disagree with you.

I knew you'd disagree - but since this platform has a larger % of older people and hasn't attracted many new young buyers - I'll disagree. 

Message 20 of 84
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@coolections wrote:

@tunicaslot 

"Ratchet Yolo GOAT Twerking Farm to Table eBay sale"

All those words are already outdate.l ol

Message 21 of 84
latest reply

@treasure.hunter.d wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

I don't think we can blame Ebay for the postal increase - but they did have influence in the e-packet deal which went south for the PO and may be why they raised rates so high. I've always felt that instead of pushing free shipping - Ebay should have followed other venues with flat rate deals obtained for shipping through the PO. Posh for years charged a buyer a flat rate and the buyer's paid it. It wasn't until recently that I've seen the push on other venues for free shipping - which we all know isn't free.

I don't think Ebay wants to get rid of small sellers - but they also aren't doing anything to promote us. Yes we will know a head of time what items they will be promoting in July - but if you're a small seller - I'm worried about how much visibility you'll get next to the bigger guy.

Ebay has had a couple of good ads about this being the place to find everything - but they really haven't promoted the site enough - especially with all the competition. I'm hoping managed payments will open the door to a variety of new buyers who just didn't like Paypal - but at the same time - I'm concerned because of all the glitches and the fact that unless you're invited into the program - no information is being given out or questions answered. I like to know what I'm getting into. I don't like being thrown into situations and then finding out it's not for me. The more information I have the more prepared I am to deal with the good and the bad.

In order for things to sell there needs to be buyers and that means lots of qualified traffic driven to the site. That's not happening. Ebay either does not have the first clue how to do this or simply doesn't care to, or can't be bothered or whatever but it isn't happening.

if it was, ebay wouldn't be spending money on over 400 million AI Bot hits per month to make the site look busy! There is 0 benefit to doing that other than optics. 400 million is also only the tip of the iceberg likely as that is the number that is easily discernible from the traffic stats/characteristics.  The clods that are running the bot farms are very likely charging extra for origin obfuscation and ebay was too cheap to pop for it on all of the traffic. I have no trouble believing that the powers that be think we are all so stupid that none of us has any clue  about this.

look at your own traffic stats and the difference between off-site incoming traffic from say 2015/2016 and now. Many, many sellers are seing traffic numbers over a couple of months that they used to have in a single day!

For all the harping and harping ebay did about structured data they don't seem to employ anyone that has the first clue what it is or how to implement it. it's also not an area that can be left static as Google is forever changing the rules and the required tactics to drive traffic are always evolving.

Ahhhh Google, a big, the biggest thing, at the center of this. Ebay thinks they don't need Google. Google literally doesn't care because they sure don't need Ebay, lol...And around we go, and around we go...Only gets fixed if ebay gets on its knees and begs and starts coughing up the money that anyone else has to pay but that ebay seems to think they are too special or privileged to pay? Never understood that other than possibly being driven by someone's ego. Someone pretty clueless with a far too high opinion of himself that is purely fictitious!

so I listen to people talking about tv ads, this that and the other and I suppose if it's good conversation and you enjoy it hey, have at it, but in so far as whether or not you are going to make money on ebay it is worthless discussion, it literally means nothing. It's like talking about racing your sailboat on the weekend but your boat trailer has 3 flat tires and a busted hitch! You can't even get the boat to the water so no matter how much you postulate about racing, you're not getting to the starting line so.....

Ebay is broken, there is no one at ebay that knows how to do anything toward repairing it and no one driving anyone to do it. Look at the sales figures, not the totals, the items and the dollar value for the items. When you see that the highest % of sold items are in a dollar range that is pathetically low, explain how anyone is making any actual money beyond people that find it fulfilling selling Chinese junk or drop shipping junk or whatever but when categories like Shoes shows the biggest % of sales under $50, a big chunk under $35, you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure out there's no money being made despite whatever yarn your favorite YouTube cheerleader spins for you. Those stats hold for pretty much every category. There is no way to spin that as anything successful or anything other than a giant FAIL.

When you know what you are looking at there is nothing mysterious here, nothing that can't be explained, other than why ebay isn't doing anything to turn this around. Believe me or not, what do I care ,but ebay is doing NOTHING to turn this around!

You don't have to convince me of the problems here. I've been here since 97 and been on these boards for most of those years. For the past few years I have tried to give Ebay the benefit of the doubt as I want to see them succeed. It almost doesn't seem possible anymore with the changes they are making.

Message 22 of 84
latest reply

I don't think we can blame Ebay for the postal increase

eBay is likely thrilled at the increase.. they get another 'raise' at the seller's expense. 

Message 23 of 84
latest reply

@laurabeardsley wrote:

After reading this ad about the Crash sale it is quite clear Ebay is trying to get rid of the sellers of antiques and collectibles. It is all about selling new stuff and cheap stuff with their add saying 79% of Ebay items are new and ___ percent is free shipping and ___ percent buy it now, not auctions. Not one thing about one of a kind items. They clearly do not want to be thought of as an auction site or anything to do with antiques, etc. but they still want to take our money. They will not succeed selling new things as there are too many sites like this and Ebay is now known for scammers and cheap China junk. What a lousy business plan. I think a monkey could run this better!

I searched this evening for a Vintage white bowl with orange flowers   and only came up with 7 listings.  There used to be thousands.  GTC has destroyed eBay.

Very sad what this site has become.  

Change the channel!
Message 24 of 84
latest reply

That's the sad part, ebay and USPS might be happy with their increases but what is 100% increase of 0, I won't be wasting any listings or time on big items, shipping is twice what I sell tackle boxes for, I'll be putting them on other venues. Plus I buy too, I watch for tackle boxes full of lures, buy and then resell lures individually, tag on another $30-40 for shipping and won't be buying. The other thing to think about, how long before fedex and ups increase theirs rates. Ebay isn't to blame for the increases but isn't doing anything to stop it.
Message 25 of 84
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

pulled my large items because shipping double, a tackle box to just ship to my own town went from $7.75 to $16.50, to zone 6 it jumped to $42 instead of $18.

I would expect that more than a few  buyers will no longer be purchasing certain items on the internet and purchasing those items within brick & mortar stores, flea markets, garage sales, etc

This new shipping increase will lead to a decline in internet sales.

Message 26 of 84
latest reply

Your thinking of the river. Sales on that day there are very bad there.  And eBay just launched a major sales day for July 15th to beat out the river for July 15th.     

Message 27 of 84
latest reply

FYI USPS still has the majority of the lowest rates among the 3 major carriers. I have no idea who could afford to ship UPS or FedEx on a regular basis except container shipments. Try comparing rates? You might be shocked. I was. We just better hope the USPS never goes away or gets bought out by UPS.
Message 28 of 84
latest reply

Well they can't get much lower for me - not one sale on this account since June 9.   Fortunately, books are still selling well this month on one of my other accounts.   

Message 29 of 84
latest reply

I did compare rates with Fedex, when I went to print a label to zone 6, adjusted the dimensions to a average size tackle box and compared rates, Fedex was $15 cheaper then USPS. I couldn't compare with UPS but they don't pick so would have to add drive time for them. USPS is cheaper for retail ground but have to go to post office and pay, but waiting on a call from post master, you can ship zones 5-9 but heard zones 1-4 only if it has hazardous materials so waiting to get that clear up
Message 30 of 84
latest reply