cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low or no sales

Hello - the discussion I started seemed to have disappered.

Is anyone else experiencing drastic drop in sales or no sales at all for days.  We have no sales at all for almost two weeks now during the day from 7 am to mid night.  there are couple of exceptions.  any sale that happened only after mid night and maybe early before 7 am. 

Is anyone aware of anything that is causing this drop in sales.  I appreciate your input.  

Why did my last discussion I started on this disappear?  Am I not supposed to talk about that here?

thanks.

Message 1 of 279
latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

Re: Low or no sales

I thought it was me doing something wrong. I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one with NO sales. Only sold 7 things all month. SUCKS !! I'm retired and depend on this money for things I need.
Message 46 of 279
latest reply

I have been selling on eBay for 16 years and I haven't seen anything like this.   I don't even have competition on many of the items I have for sale. I think this has to do with Google algorithms.  I had to let go my full-time employee who's been working for me for two years.  I just bought a warehouse building one year ago.   Why couldn't this happen when I was renting? 

Message 47 of 279
latest reply

I have had the same problem all summer. What may be hurting us is sponsered sites popping up during a search.While searching for an item.Ebay will for some reason allow other sites to to search on before showing all ebay has to offer from folks like us.This is concerning. I am down over 50% from last year. This can not continue.

Message 48 of 279
latest reply

that is what I am thinking . I always sold good on ebay until china was allowed to sell on ebay. they sell an item for 2.00 that I am selling for 12.00. I know that because I sold an item, and then the buyer said she did not want it because she found it on a china website for much less. what can we do?
Message 49 of 279
latest reply

snave-eu
Adventurer

We have been wondering what's up too.  We had a day with no sales at all last week for the first time in months.  Also just experienced the lowest week's sales since the month we opened our eBay shop.

Message 50 of 279
latest reply

Yes it surely was
Message 51 of 279
latest reply

Thought it was just me.  Had a fantastic May, then June hit and sales have been under 10 items per month.  I've had to take off a lot of  listings and put them to auction just to recoup some money to survive.  Don't really know what to do now.  If things don't pick up I'll just have to figure out something else.  I deal with used items, don't know if that has something to do with it?  Is anyone who sells new having the same problem?  I've noticed the TV ads for eBay are pushing new products, and now they've bought into the food market thought they maybe trying to push the used item market out.

Message 52 of 279
latest reply

Yeah, it's like they're trying to be Amazon. If Ebay doesn't want to be Ebay anymore maybe a new company should emerge and be eBay. 

Message 53 of 279
latest reply

I have been selling for 12 years and sold 20-30 items every single day for 12 years we sell everything, have over 1400 items listed and since May 1st we have been down to about 12 items in 2 weeks some weeks we go 3 or 4 days with no sales.Wish I knew why sales are down cannot be what we are selling because of the varity that we have on ,the traffic graph shows hardly any traffic inside ebay and no outside traffic wish they would spend more time on getting us more buyers instead of changing us to sellers hub

Message 54 of 279
latest reply

Slow this week for me. maybe they are making the new changes that are coming in the FALL!

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Message 55 of 279
latest reply

It hurts when you have slow sales and returns coming back.

Message 56 of 279
latest reply

Finally got through to eBay after 40 minutes on hold but was happy to finally get a rep we could understand and who understand us.

Rep really addressed our frustration!

On time shipping, no cases just USPS delays that we received dings on based on weekend or holiday delays. Not one was a customer complaint!!!

eBay rep was able to have cleared by a supervisor so that we would be entitled to be put back on as a Top Rated Seller & receive our discount again.

Spent a great deal of time touching upon flaws in the Ebay calculation system with the hope our call would be reviewed?

Message 57 of 279
latest reply

New Buyers are buying knock offs from China only to realize that they are fake with absolutely no communication from the Seller.

We sell only authentic name brand products with Buyers asking us to match the knock off prices.

As noted in other posts, we will evaluate by the end of the year if it's worth staying with eBay?

Message 58 of 279
latest reply

Ditto to everyone. 13 years selling, now days in a row with no sales at all. Listing like crazy and seems like new merchandise is having a hard time getting sorted in. Running sales,,,,,,,,like nobody even sees them. Auctions are only getting a couple of views at best. Supposedly there are watchers .Seems like no matter what I do, I cannot go over present monthly? Sadly, present monthly is 900.00 shy every month for the last 2 or more. Depend on this income also. So deep in the hole right now I am just about in tears with frustration. I spot check to see if my stuff is showing up, I see it. It is somewhat comforting to know it is not just an evil troll messing with me, however something is not right with something.
Message 59 of 279
latest reply

Ditto, I also did a boost on listings, sales, tried changing titles, usually just one of these would boost traffic.  I was doing all three at the same time and things just kept nose diving.  All I can say is that it all started on the 1st June for me - and I think that was when they changed the home page.  So what ever else was changed around that time may be the culprit.  If the way the search engine system has changed it would be nice to get a heads up so we can adjust to the new way.  I know this can be a slow time, I was slow last July, but this year I was been 50 -60% lower than last year, yet ebay was showing that the market was up for that period - something just seems to be off there.  Haven't found the answer yet, if I do I'll let you all know.  Hoping we all get the sales we need and more.

Message 60 of 279
latest reply