cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing TRS over a glitch? are the phones working and can some one tell me how to get to a number?

As the title states I signed on Sunday to check for orders and noticed that my dashboard looked funky.

Seller level forecast "Above standard" What the H?  what now... so I go check and my shipping validation is the issue... what now... I haven't sold that many bracelets (shipped in little white envelopes) and the 400+ cards I sold on the 30th should have covered them at any rate.  So I go check.

It's not the bracelets.  It's the 400+ cards throwing my numbers down to 54.46%.  I KNOW I shipped those within my stated handling time, so I go check the "tracking report" shows 2.5 pages of those cards all marked as "Uploaded on time but no carrier scan".  On noooooo so I go check tracking on the 11 orders.  Shows they got a scan before midnight east coast time on the 31st.  Buyer bought on the 30th.  Last time I checked the regs this was within the 1 day handling I had on on the listings.

I have not nor ever had same day shipping on any items, and everything but the comics has a 1 day handling time. (Comics have 2 day handling times because they are in a different city and I can't always get there the day they sell).

Questions:

Did they change the regs when I wasn't looking?  Has the definition of "1 day handling time" changed?

Is there a way to get this fixed?

I flow in and out of TRS, and frankly the "discount" last month was a laughable .14 but to lose it over an accounting glitch is a bit much. ( I think they did the update on the 30th, and I shipped on the 31st)  Is it worth it to fight over the principle of the thing? 

Sides it just LOOKS ugly having all those there when in reality they shouldn't be there to start with.

Screen shots can be provided for discussion if wanted  just didn't do them to start with cause I have something kinda occupying my time:

My First Grandson

New grandson.jpg

Edited to add:

I tried sending an email by going through the correct help pages and it won't let the email go through.  I didn't include links to my stuff, or add anything other than simple text.  That's why I was wondering if any one had the ebay number handy.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Losing TRS over a glitch? are the phones working and can some one tell me how to get to a number?

With the number of phone customer service reps dramatically reduced, I don't think you'd get in touch by phone very easily. If you exhausted all the other ways to contact eBay customer service via the Help & Contact link (email, call back, etc.),  you could try private messaging via social media:

www.facebook.com/ebayforbusiness

www.twitter.com/askebay

Good luck!

P.S. That adorable new grandson appears to be giving a customer service rep the "side eye."  I don't think he's amused at their lack of responsiveness . . .

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Congrats on the adorable grandbaby!!!

Don't know if it helps or not, but to qualify for the tracking upload metric you don't even have to have a scan within your handling time.  It can be anytime, even the delivery scan, as long as you uploaded the tracking # on time.

Is your "Late Shipment rate" metric okay?  That is the one that can take a hit if you don't get a scan within your handling time and it arrives late.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

cynthealee2_0-1599589699314.png

The tracking uploaded on time is the ONLY spot with the issue.

cynthealee2_1-1599589812858.png

I click on the "get full report" and it's all those cards:

cynthealee2_2-1599590035318.png

yet tracking shows this:

cynthealee2_3-1599590219682.png

I pulled this off USPS cause I couldn't get the copy paste thing to work off eBay's pop up, but they say the exact same things. 

They had the cards in their hands "officially" by 10 pm that night... though I dropped it off at 4:30.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

It looks like the uploaded tracking numbers are fine, but you are getting slammed for no scans.  The post office scan within the handling time for this metric isn't necessary---but they do need a scan somewhere.  I can't read all those things you posted, but it looks like they were delivered just fine so that would be a scan.   I'd be having someone take a look if you can.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Honestly the weird part is the guy ordered 400+ cards, in 11 different orders, but only 378 are showing on the report... if they were ALL in the same package with the same tracking number why are 378 of them showing here and not 400+  or why are ANY of them showing here?

Daughter printed the shipping labels, copied the tracking number to the other 10 orders, then took the package to the PO...

LOL baby brain... I said in the OP that I found out Sunday, but it was last Friday.  (the days blur with a baby around I swear).   The buyer had the cards before I even realized eBay had an issue with them. 

Timeline:

Buyer buys them Sunday

We ship them late Monday Afternoon

Buyer has them in hand Thursday at noon (in NY from TN during the pandemic no less)

What more does eBay want from me? LOL

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

It looks like the uploaded tracking numbers are fine, but you are getting slammed for no scans.  The post office scan within the handling time for this metric isn't necessary---but they do need a scan somewhere.  I can't read all those things you posted, but it looks like they were delivered just fine so that would be a scan.   I'd be having someone take a look if you can.

sorry..

They got scans twice on the 31st in TN,

scan leaving TN on Sept 1

Again on Sept 1 hitting NJ

Scan on the 2 in NY

then Scans on the 3rd Hitting the buyers home town, and then the delivery scan

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Did you double check the tracking number on the additional orders to make sure they were the same as the first one from the printed label?  I know you know this stuff, but just in case.   If one digit was off, then it might show as uploaded, but would never get a scan---only the correct one printed would scan.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

all have the same number all are showing the tracking.  She printed the label off the highest paid order, but I just grabbed the tracking number off the first one in the list.

I double checked... yep all 11 have the same tracking number and all 11 orders state the same tracking info.

I DID finally get the "email" to go through to eBay.  Sent em this:

My "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" section of my Seller Dashboard is incorrect. A buyer bought over 400 cards in 11 separate orders. I shipped them within my stated time frame, and the tracking shows this on my "manage all orders page", but my tracking report says they "got updated on time but did not receive a scan". If you click on any of the top 11 orders on my "manage all orders" page, and check the tracking it shows they were scanned in by my local PO on 8/31/2020, which was within my stated handling time. Items were ordered on 8/30/20, and were shipped and SCANNED into the local PO by 10:01pm on 8/31/2020 EDT which is before the Midnight cutoff time West Coast time. For some reason these 400 or so cards are being counted against me and will pull me out of TRS. Can we please fix this so I don't lose TRS because of some glitch in the system. I think the System checked on the 30th but it didn't update it when I shipped them on the 31st.

When I typed it out in that email it had paragraphs but it came out as a wall of text.

I'm hoping that one of the eBay employees that are around will see this and give me suggestions on what to do  cause I'm at a loss... it's not a "defect" so the 'defect peeps' may not be able to help.  Pretty such this is a tech or program issue... the bots checked on Sunday the 30th when they ran the report and it hasn't been updated, and I don't know if it will update before the eval on the 20th.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Sorry, I have no idea other than you are correct--it looks like they just haven't updated yet or it is really messed up. 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

brian@ebay   any suggestions?

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

4 days later, 1 email in response that doesn't actually cover the issue...

Thank you for contacting eBay about your seller dashboard. I am glad to assist you on this.

We appreciate you on providing the details on what happened on the shipment. Please do not worry because we are going to report the items that was shipped to your buyer XXXXXXXXXX. I can assure you that we provide our Top rated sellers extensions to recover if ever they get to below standard or above standard due to errors, mistakes or uncontrollable circumstances.

What happened on your dashboard is that since there are 11 orders from 1 buyer, the tracking number you used did not register properly because it only reads 1 tracking number per order. We are currently working on this issue so please bear with us.

We are unable to provide specific time frame for this report because we are requesting this to be removed and usually take or reflected on the next evaluation, but if it did not reflect after the evaluation please know that we do not get our top rated sellers to be above standard immediately.

I hope this information is helpful, if you have any more questions please let us know.

I replied and pointed out 3 different combined orders (1 the day before) that did NOT have this same issue. No response since then. I haven't been TRS 3 months this round (this would have been the third month), so I don't think I'm going to fall under the TRS grace period which they hint at in the last line.

Does any one know if they do another look at the traffic report before they do the review on the 20th? Or will the traffic report update before the 20th?

brian@ebay 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Sometimes it takes a while for the system to see the scans. The August evaluation won’t be done until the 20th so the scans will likely be showing by then and you will still be a trs. 🙂

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@cynthealee2 I'll send you an email so I can get more information. I don't know what options I'll have but I'm more than happy to take a look!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Email sent

Message 15 of 20
latest reply